06-26-2018 04:08 PM
86 1234
tools
    Another smoking related damage incident. I'm shocked the anti-smoking folks haven't dealt with this yet.
    ?
    06-11-2018 11:46 AM
    ?
    I think it was a joke
    06-12-2018 10:16 AM
    Another smoking related damage incident. I'm shocked the anti-smoking folks haven't dealt with this yet.
    Haha,Class!
    06-12-2018 05:42 PM
    I quit smoking 30 years ago and I've not had a damaged phone since!
    Hypnotoadd likes this.
    06-12-2018 06:22 PM
    I'm barely getting 3 hrs of SOT with it off the charger for around 14hrs
    Try running Naptime. I use it and it does help. Needs ADB https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.franco.doze
    GSDer and Morty2264 like this.
    06-13-2018 02:41 PM
    Try running Naptime. I use it and it does help. Needs ADB
    That's a great catch! That's the guy that wrote the Franco kernel - he really knows his *hit.
    06-13-2018 04:49 PM
    That's a great catch! That's the guy that wrote the Franco kernel - he really knows his *hit.
    I really rate it. I find it really does improve my battery life.
    06-13-2018 06:06 PM
    Try running Naptime. I use it and it does help. Needs ADB https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.franco.doze
    Naptime sounds like a good app - thank you for sharing!
    Kirstein Gourlay likes this.
    06-13-2018 07:48 PM
    Had my Panda since late Nov.
    I dont use a screen protector, but do use a clear TPU type case.
    I do check my phone's screen for scratches , I haven't spotted any .....yet
    Phone looks brand new.
    However my clear case is showing its age the sides ,on the edges are starting to get that yellow tint.
    I am not a power user , my battery still does pretty good.
    Get tho a day EZ with battery power to last
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-13-2018 08:18 PM
    Try running Naptime. I use it and it does help. Needs ADB
    Unfortunately after a few days with it installed I had to uninstall it: the Android P Beta 2 (DP3) has been very stable for me, allowing me to use it as my daily driver for work, but I've encountered two major problems since installing Naptime. On one occasion, after turning the screen on, my desktop/Home screen was completely gone (no apps shown, just the wallpaper) and I couldn't access the app drawer or the Recents view. I ended up having to restart the phone. The other time I was using Google Maps to navigate and when I got close to my destination I exited from navigation and turned the screen off. When I arrived I turned the screen on and it was at the Android Beta login screen (the phone had mysteriously restarted) and I lost all the mileage that I had been tracking.
    It certainly could have been any number of other factors (ex. the Verizon Push-To-Talk+ app sucks) but this is the only big change in the last few days. YMMV.
    06-15-2018 12:25 PM
    Unfortunately after a few days with it installed I had to uninstall it: the Android P Beta 2 (DP3) has been very stable for me, allowing me to use it as my daily driver for work, but I've encountered two major problems since installing Naptime. On one occasion, after turning the screen on, my desktop/Home screen was completely gone (no apps shown, just the wallpaper) and I couldn't access the app drawer or the Recents view. I ended up having to restart the phone. The other time I was using Google Maps to navigate and when I got close to my destination I exited from navigation and turned the screen off. When I arrived I turned the screen on and it was at the Android Beta login screen (the phone had mysteriously restarted) and I lost all the mileage that I had been tracking.
    It certainly could have been any number of other factors (ex. the Verizon Push-To-Talk+ app sucks) but this is the only big change in the last few days. YMMV.
    Sorry it didn't work for you.
    06-15-2018 01:59 PM
    Sorry it didn't work for you.
    No problem. I emailed the developer with the info (unfortunately he doesn't seem to have any debug logging available) and when we receive the next update to Android P Beta I'll give it another shot.
    06-15-2018 02:21 PM
    It sounds like the Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL is holding up better than the iPhone X I had for a few months. I purchased one in March and the battery was already degraded by 3% from my usage from March - June, which is highly unusual. I'm not a power user either. A battery shouldn't degrade that fast in that short of time. I can't imagine what the battery capacity would look like after a year or two. Yikes!
    06-16-2018 07:26 PM
    It sounds like the Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL is holding up better than the iPhone X I had for a few months. I purchased one in March and the battery was already degraded by 3% from my usage from March - June, which is highly unusual. I'm not a power user either. A battery shouldn't degrade that fast in that short of time. I can't imagine what the battery capacity would look like after a year or two. Yikes!
    iPhone batteries are simply dreadful. I say this from experience
    06-16-2018 10:28 PM
    Oh wow! That is too bad.
    06-17-2018 03:06 PM
    Y'all missing out by not having a quality tempered glass screen protector!!

Anyway, I'd LOVE to have my Clearly White Pixel 2 butt naked but it's so damn slippery!

Also, I have one of those Spigen magnetic car holders, so I have to have a magnetic plate attached to my phone all the time. And I attach the plate to the case because I don't want to damage the phone's body.
    06-20-2018 02:31 AM
    Y'all missing out by not having a quality tempered glass screen protector!!

Anyway, I'd LOVE to have my Clearly White Pixel 2 butt naked but it's so damn slippery!

Also, I have one of those Spigen magnetic car holders, so I have to have a magnetic plate attached to my phone all the time. And I attach the plate to the case because I don't want to damage the phone's body.
    I had the white Essential phone. That was a slippery phone which would slide off chairs and couches. The coating on the clearly white Pixel 2 at least provides a bit of extra grip.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-20-2018 11:14 AM
    I had the white Essential phone. That was a slippery phone which would slide off chairs and couches. The coating on the clearly white Pixel 2 at least provides a bit of extra grip.
    You go naked with the Pixel 2?
    06-20-2018 12:23 PM
    The white Pixel 2 is really beautiful! I wish the smaller Pixel 2 came in the Panda Version!
    06-20-2018 12:56 PM
    You go naked with the Pixel 2?
    I don't use a case at home. Just a leather fitbag sleeve. I also have IQ Shield on the front and back glass. When I leave the house I usually use a case.
    06-20-2018 08:30 PM
    The white Pixel 2 is really beautiful! I wish the smaller Pixel 2 came in the Panda Version!
    I thought about putting a glossy black skin on the back glass but I really like the look of the white Pixel 2.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-20-2018 08:51 PM
    I thought about putting a glossy black skin on the back glass but I really like the look of the white Pixel 2.
    I do as well! It's quite beautiful. I got a Panda-like Dbrand skin for when I want to change things up a bit, though! (It hasn't happened yet.)
    06-20-2018 09:48 PM
    Physically my Panda Pixel 2 XL is fine. Been in a case and has had a tempered glass screen protector from day one.
    What I am most impressed with is how well the battery life has held up.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-20-2018 11:24 PM
    What's the case with the clear back and the black top? Can turn a clearly white P2 into a panda!
    06-21-2018 07:02 AM
    What's the case with the clear back and the black top? Can turn a clearly white P2 into a panda!
    Yup it can. It's a cheapo case from China. I like it since it's almost like a Peel case. Very thin.
    06-21-2018 08:50 AM
86 1234