How are pixels 2s holding up?

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
My 2XL still looks brand new, but I've had a case on it since day one. I love how it feels without a case, but I'd drop it for sure as soon as I went longer than 5 minutes without one.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Pixel 2 XL 128 for about 8 months and it looks pristine, just like it did when I took it out of the box. I ordered a Google Live Case with the Protective Lining that arrived before my phone did, so it went in the case immediately. I never fail to keep mine in my left front pocket, screen facing inward, where I never keep anything but the phone so that I can keep the screen scratch free. Under careful examination in a strong light I can see no trace of even the smallest of hairline scratches on the screen. So mine is holding up like it is still brand new and I use it heavily every day. I love it and it's by far the best phone I've ever owned.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Mine is performing near perfectly. One issue is that a crack seem to have formed on the camera. I have no idea how it happened. It doesn't affect the camera so I'll leave it be.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
I have lots of scratches on my screen. Gorilla glass isn't scratch free, huh?

My understanding is that newer versions of GG are softer than they used to be so it's less likely to shatter when dropped but scratches more easily. I made sure to put a glass screen protector on my Pixel 2 as soon as I got it (even though I hate them). I learned my lesson the hard way on my last phone, an htc u11 w/GG5 when I went without and scratched the screen during my first week of use.

bigbearballs

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
My understanding is that newer versions of GG are softer than they used to be so it's less likely to shatter when dropped but scratches more easily. I made sure to put a glass screen protector on my Pixel 2 as soon as I got it (even though I hate them). I learned my lesson the hard way on my last phone, an htc u11 w/GG5 when I went without and scratched the screen during my first week of use.
I had one of my og pixel XL and didn't mind it, but for some reason didn't put one on my xl2. I do hope they do the buyback program again and don't take into account the condition of the phone. I'm not too excited about a notch, but I'll probably want it anyway.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
My Pixel 2 has been in a case, holster-type, since day one so it is unblemished. Performance is as good as the first week. I'm very happy with my Pixel 2.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Does Pixels have full screen artwork while playing music when it's on lock screen?
Yes
c8116a2a9a295c0487650500721403e1.jpg

msr360

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site
mine is holding up great, always in a case with screen protection....... only issue i have is that the battery is definitely suffering and showing age

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
So far mine is holding up great, no scratches anywhere on the device. I have a very thin case on it and no SP. I often switch cases between 2 google fabric cases and my main daily driver case, the Pitaka mag case

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
So far mine is holding up great, no scratches anywhere on the device. I have a very thin case on it and no SP. I often switch cases between 2 google fabric cases and my main daily driver case, the Pitaka mag case
Was thinking about the Pitaka case. Is it worth it for $50?