Android P (Dev Preview 3) -- Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

burrs87

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
so I installed dp3 a couple days ago and the always on display would not show Google weather on it so i decided to factory reset today. as soon as it booted up I had it back and was working perfectly. as soon as I restart the phone it was gone again and hasn't been back. tried everything but another reset to get it back but no luck

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
so I installed dp3 a couple days ago and the always on display would not show Google weather
Beta releases are just weird sometimes, I guess. I never got a glimmer of the weather on my lockscreen with DP2, but it's been rock solid so far on DP3. Maybe DP4 later this month will get it right for everybody.

MaluTapiMau

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Anyone think that the swipe up (to app drawer) is a bit of a hassle? A swipe with my thumb will only bring up the recent apps list, and i have to swipe again to go to the app drawer. Is that how it is supposed to be?

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Anyone think that the swipe up (to app drawer) is a bit of a hassle? A swipe with my thumb will only bring up the recent apps list, and i have to swipe again to go to the app drawer. Is that how it is supposed to be?
Yeah you have to do a longer swipe up to get to the app drawer and it's a bit of a stretch for me too sometimes if I'm holding the 2XL in my hand resting on my pinky. With two hands I have to use my non resting hand to do the long swipe. I've gotten used to just doing two quick swipes so it's not that big a deal for me.

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Odd. This morning AOD wasn't on. It came back after I unlocked the phone. I also noticed that a swipe on the home screen of the Pixel launcher didn't pull out the Google app. That action came back after a restart. Gremlins, I guess.

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the Google "Carrier Services" app installed on all my Android devices. I just noticed that this app was disabled on my Pixel XL running Android 9 DP3. I can enable the app and there doesn't appear to be any issues, but when I restart/boot the phone, the app is disabled again. The app is always active on my other devices running Android 6.0 & 8.1. Anyone else running DP3 experiencing this issue? TIA

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Just checked mine and it is running as normal.
Pixel 2 on latest beta
Edit: Just noticed an update for the app in the Play Store.

Last edited:

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. The reason I noticed it was not active on the Pixel XL was because the app was updated on my Nexus 5 and I was looking to update the Pixel app. The last time I looked, my Pixel and Essential phones still didn't pick up the update.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
So you're set for automatic updates then? I always update manually to give me more control. Kind of weird how different things happen to different phones on these betas

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the Google "Carrier Services" app installed on all my Android devices. I just noticed that this app was disabled on my Pixel XL running Android 9 DP3. I can enable the app and there doesn't appear to be any issues, but when I restart/boot the phone, the app is disabled again. The app is always active on my other devices running Android 6.0 & 8.1. Anyone else running DP3 experiencing this issue? TIA

Pixel XL running DP3. Carrier Services app is not disabled. Version 12.0.195755634

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
So you're set for automatic updates then? I always update manually to give me more control. Kind of weird how different things happen to different phones on these betas

I do have auto update enabled, but there are some apps I do manually.

My Nexus 5 is running on Marshmallow and has been updated to version 13.0, but the Essential running 8.1 and Pixel XL running DP3 are still stuck on version 12.0. Neither phone even detects the updated version.

Last edited:

falexander115

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone having issues opening the Amazon Alexa app? Mine had been running - even after the DP3 update, but I had to uninstall to help with a Smart Home device and now the app won't open??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol