Android P (Dev Preview 3) -- Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how to get the weather enabled on the Always On Display. I saw a YT video stating that one of the new gestures but I can't find an option to turn it on.

EDIT: just read earlier comments of others not seeing it either.

Mine comes and goes and I haven't yet figured out how or why.

It does come in color sometimes too - at least when it's sunny.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know how to get the weather enabled on the Always On Display. I saw a YT video stating that one of the new gestures but I can't find an option to turn it on.

Are you referring to just the temperature?

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
From my understanding is it's supposed to show the temp and weather icon like cloudy, sunny, etc.
Are you referring to just the temperature?
a59f028790569d501549f432b5ac9697.jpg

mbxx

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I really like the gestures with Android P but I don't understand why they've kept the back button still this long. why haven't they implemented a left swipe from the home pill to go back in apps? the back button looks awkward in apps as well. is it a technical limitation that won't allow the swipe to go back? can't understand the decision not implement the swipe to go back.

We have the same thoughts.
I have already send to Google exactly your thoughts in German language weeks ago hopefully we will not see the boring back button in next time.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Mine shows both, however I haven't had to change anything. Are you seeing on the home screen?
Yeah home screen shows fine just not on the Always On Display.
Come to think of it, is my lock screen message supposed to show up on the Always On Display too? Because that's not showing up too. The lock screen message does show on the lock screen though.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Come to think of it, is my lock screen message supposed to show up on the Always On Display too? Because that's not showing up too. The lock screen message does show on the lock screen though.
That seems like the correct behavior to me. AOD is just for the date/time, weather and Now Playing info.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Mine shows Time, date, weather and some notification icons

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
That seems like the correct behavior to me. AOD is just for the date/time, weather and Now Playing info.

Under DP3 it now shows my next calendar event (after shrinking the clock) and my notification icons, though the icons may have been in DP2 - I can't remember.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

I have Dark Sky running as well so I can at least see the temp from that but I'm not getting it from the Google app still.

I'm still not sold on the gestures but I'll give them another go this weekend. See if I can retrain my brain. The recent apps/app switcher I'm still struggling with. Muscle memory is getting harder to retrain as I get older.

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Mine also shows things like upcoming events and calendar notifications, like vansmack's. Every afternoon, I get a traffic update about how long it will take to get home, and it persists until I swipe away the notification.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Turned off the gestures. It just pisses me off. I can't get the swipes right. I either get the app drawer when I don't want it or can't get it when I do want it or the recents when I'm not trying to.....

A
Also not sold on the horizontal scrolling through recent apps, it seems harder to me. Same reason I don't like a horizontal app drawer.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I was on a call to a friend and suddenly my screen went black. Couldn't do anything with it. Eventually I pressed and held the power button and it came back on. A very dodgy "glitch".

I like the navigation but it was easier to use in the last beta. I too often over swipe into the app drawer when wanting to access recent apps. But overall I prefer the gestures and find myself using it on other non-gesture phones by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital