Android P (Dev Preview 3) -- Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I will note that both phones are running version 2.2.210230.0 of the app, which is also the latest version available on the Google Play Store (dated June 1, 2018).
There was an update to 2.2.211814.0 (dated June 13th) but that hasn't fixed the problem for me - same hang behavior.

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Carrier Services continues to be disabled whenever I restart the Pixel XL. The app is stuck at version 12.0 and even there is an updated version, Google Play doesn't detect it. I haven't noticed any issues with the app disabled, but I would like to know why the app isn't automatically enabled when the device is restarted. Very annoying. Any ideas? TIA.

BTW...I tried to install the latest app version manually from APK Mirror. It installs, but when the device is restarted, it reverts back to version 12.0. Very strange.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Carrier Services continues to be disabled whenever I restart the Pixel XL. The app is stuck at version 12.0 and even there is an updated version, Google Play doesn't detect it. I haven't noticed any issues with the app disabled, but I would like to know why the app isn't automatically enabled when the device is restarted. Very annoying. Any ideas? TIA.

BTW...I tried to install the latest app version manually from APK Mirror. It installs, but when the device is restarted, it reverts back to version 12.0. Very strange.
Now I am stumped. Was going to suggest apk mirror but what is happening is truly weird

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Who is your carrier? Updates to Carrier Services could be targeted to specific sets of carriers and not any carrier whatever. I use Fi, and my version of Carrier Services is also the 12.0.19.... one from May.

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your responses regarding the Carrier Services issue. I don't think the carrier matters, but the hardware might. My Nexus 5 is on 13.0, but not the Essential or Pixel XL. Each device is running different versions of Android.

Once the Carrier Services app is enabled, it remains active until I restart the device. Once I restart the Pixel XL (which isn't very often), I have to manually enable the app. More annoying than anything else.

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
I'm thinking a recent update to the Google app has killed off my lockscreen/AOD weather. I noticed it was gone yesterday, and a restart doesn't bring it back.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
FWIW the latest update to the Amazon Alexa app (v2.2.212475.0 dated June 20th, 2018) didn't fix the hang problem on my device.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have trouble leaving the beta program? I opted out 2 days ago and still haven't received the stock image OTA

stang6790

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone heard any rumors when Preview 4 will be released? I remembering reading somewhere that there would be two released in June but I don't know if that is true or not.

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone heard any rumors when Preview 4 will be released? I remembering reading somewhere that there would be two released in June but I don't know if that is true or not.
I think most people are hoping to see it by Wednesday the 27th now since Google originally claimed that there would be 2 DPs in June, but there's no way to know for sure.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I dropped back to O due to some Alexa/DirecTV Now issues.

I do miss the gestures in P. Still doing them when on O and it hurts lol.

I do love the O notification panel room + the snappiness of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.