Newbie here - apologies in advance if I do this wrong.

Pixel 2
    Android Version: 8.10.0
    Security Patch Level: May 5, 2018 (problem existed.)
    Security Patch Level: June 5, 2018 (problem still exists.)

Issue: When I use Android Messages, I take a picture from within the app and then type some text to go with the picture, click send, I get a red notification below the attempted text that says: "Message not sent: too large". It happens 80% of the time.

This started about 1wk ago. I'm baffled, as I'm taking the picture from within the app itself and I have never had this issue prior. I checked the camera settings and they have not changed (they are set for the highest resolution/best quality), again everything worked fine before. I've always assumed the messaging app reduces the picture size when attaching it so it would send. That appears to be the case as the image when clicked on in the message stream shows sizes around 1.3MB.

I contacted Verizon and asked them if they had changed or made restrictions to MMS/SMS message sizes and they said no. (but really can I trust that a front line support person would be in the loop on such a change?)

I'm completely flummoxed. I realize I could take a picture with the camera app, resize it, and then attach it inside the messaging app, or use a different app, but that is a lot of work for something that USED to work without any issue.

Anyone got a suggestion? I've poked around in settings, etc., but can't find any setting that would fix this.
    06-07-2018 04:14 PM
    I've noticed that lately too, I've resorted to just going to the camera app and attaching the pic to the message. Seems like a bug in Android messages.
    06-07-2018 04:30 PM
    Beats me - I just tried it both ways (taking a picture within the Android Messages app, and attaching an existing picture) and in both cases the pictures were sent correctly (and sized down from the original size). I'm on the Android P Beta 2 (DP3) and I haven't fiddled with any of the settings. Also on Verizon.
    06-07-2018 05:12 PM
    I will occasionally have this problem and end up just sharing it thru photos
    06-07-2018 06:37 PM
    With Cricket I had to set a size limit in Textra when I had ny pixel 2
    06-08-2018 04:10 PM