So I use WatchMaker for the Gear S2 watch faces and starting last week I started getting the "using battery" notification and can't get it to stop. I've even reinstalled the app and it's still up. Here's the thing though, it's NOT using any battery... Anyone ever have something similar happen?
    06-09-2018 12:13 PM
    If you drag to the right on that notification you'll see a gear icon - select that and you can turn that notification off. By definition, since it's running as a service or in the background (which is why that notification is always shown - to keep it in memory) it's using battery, whether or not you see an amount listed in that second screenshot.
    oks10 likes this.
    06-09-2018 06:00 PM
    If you drag to the right on that notification you'll see a gear icon - select that and you can turn that notification off. By definition, since it's running as a service or in the background (which is why that notification is always shown - to keep it in memory) it's using battery, whether or not you see an amount listed in that second screenshot.
    Thanks! I think it's an issue with the app itself. I've had this all as long as I've had my phone and this didn't start showing until recently. Looked like there were a few reviews popping up stating it was consuming battery after the last update. This is at least a band-aid fix. I'd still like to know if apps are consuming more battery than normal but I'll just deal with no warning for now.
    06-09-2018 07:29 PM