Still worth getting a Pixel 2XL?

technutcounselor

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
I have an OP 6 and I am almost convinced to keep it, but I also want the Pixel experience. Additionally if I get a used one and they have the trade in program, I can use it to get a Pixel 3 or 3XL in the fall. Anyway, still worth it?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have an OP 6 and I am almost convinced to keep it, but I also want the Pixel experience. Additionally if I get a used one and they have the trade in program, I can use it to get a Pixel 3 or 3XL in the fall. Anyway, still worth it?

It's a question only you can answer. Many people like the OP6, however for me an OP6 wouldn't work. If it did the Pixel is still my preference. As far as trade, you are usually better off selling it. If you get a great deal on a used you can probably get most of your investment back.

mlee1999

May 24, 2017
Visit site
On a Pixel 2 now recently from an XL. Both are great all around phones with phenomenal cameras. Nice with pute Android but just a little boring. Android P ran well on the P2. Honestly hard pressed to find a much better Android.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I would still recommend the Pixel 2 line today. Great software and form factors, excellent camera, and you can't beat the smoothness of stock Android.

However, like the user above me stated, only you can make that decision for yourself. :) Let us know what you decide!

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Definitely still worth either the 2 or 2XL if you find one at a great price (even back in December I got mine for only £529).

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
How do you like it?

I love it so much! I had been afraid that it would be too small (my last phone, my Honor 8, was 5.2" and that was the perfect size for me); but I'm loving it at five inches. I'm also a huge huge bezels fan, and love the form factor of the phone. Plus, I've really missed stock Android. Loving my experience!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Even when the Pixel 3 comes out, I think it will still be worth it to get a Pixel 2 XL.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I think so. I just picked up a black and white Pixel 2 XL yesterday even though I know the Pixel 3 XL will be out in like 4 months. Quick security updates and great software + the best cameras still on a smartphone = no brainer there. The battery life on this device is so much better than the battery life on my S9+.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I think so. I just picked up a black and white Pixel 2 XL yesterday even though I know the Pixel 3 XL will be out in like 4 months. Quick security updates and great software + the best cameras still on a smartphone = no brainer there. The battery life on this device is so much better than the battery life on my S9+.

So glad you are enjoying your Panda/Stormtrooper Pixel 2 XL!

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn't buy a pixel 2 or 2 xl just so I could trade it in for the P3. Google has a nice financing option. Better buy P3 at full price, pay it off, and resell. But If you want the latest, then get the P3. If not, then the pixel 2 is best bet as it will be supported for a while.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I love it so much! I had been afraid that it would be too small (my last phone, my Honor 8, was 5.2" and that was the perfect size for me); but I'm loving it at five inches. I'm also a huge huge bezels fan, and love the form factor of the phone. Plus, I've really missed stock Android. Loving my experience!
I'm glad you're a huge huge bezels fan because this phone definitely has huge huge bezels

mlee1999

May 24, 2017
Visit site
I've had both the XL and smaller 2 recently. Not sure which to keep. Temporarily stitching to an intentional S9 and maybe come back to a Pixel again. The camera on the Pixels are incredible and the phone just works. Designs are rather boring. Lol

I kind of miss the squeeze function.

purwater

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm debating the Pixel 2 XL myself. I saw today that at Best Buy I can get a 2XL 64 GB for $450 on device payments. That's a great deal. I tried a Galaxy S9 Plus all last week from there on their deal, but the battery life was crap. My wife got one as well and hers is great. I'm leaning towards a Pixel this time, but wondering if I should wait for the 3XL or jump on the 2XL for such a good deal. I have read the bad stuff about the screens on the XL, but I haven't seen one in the wild to be able to see for myself. All the demo units I've seen are the non functioning ones.