What do you use to interact with Android Central Forums?

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I've often wondered what software and hardware the folks on the Android Central forums use to interact with the forums.

On my Pixel 2 XL I use the Android Central app in dark mode.

On my Windows 10 computer I use "forums.androidcentral.com" in my Chrome browser.

What do you use and why?

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I use forums.androidcentral.com regardless of platform. The mobile apps (Android Central and Tapatalk) don't offer some of the features I use frequently (like canned responses in the AAQ forum).

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I use the Android Central Forums app most of the time, being Tapatalk my second choice. I only use the mobile site for very specific things. Oh, dark mode on the three of them :)

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Android app is how I spend 99% of my time here. I use my desktop almost daily for web usage, but haven't been to this website in months.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I use Tapatalk. I have a weird thing with my Pixel 2 XL whereby it doesn't always connect properly when I am on wifi. I have to flip to cellular to refresh or post items. I tried the android app but in the end I can't even post with the app at all. And photos refuse to upload. I don't know why I have this weird behaviour with my phone but it is totally consistent and happens most of the time I am using it.

So Tapatalk over the app for practical reasons.

MADDROID1

May 29, 2014
Visit site
99% of my browsing on forums is through Tapatalk. I'm on several forums and having a central point to keep up is invaluable. Pictures post easily too!
Forums not on Tapatalk get little use from me, even though they are of interest.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Forums not on Tapatalk get little use from me, even though they are of interest.

True. There's a truck forum I abandoned because they're not on Tapatalk. I found another forum that was on Tapatalk and that's where I go for content about Ram pickups.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've often wondered what software and hardware the folks on the Android Central forums use to interact with the forums.

On my Pixel 2 XL I use the Android Central app in dark mode.

On my Windows 10 computer I use "forums.androidcentral.com" in my Chrome browser.

What do you use and why?

I use whatever is convenient at the time and scene of arrival.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Android Central app for AC articles/news.
Tapatalk for forums.

Don't access the site or forums on PC/mac. Not that I don't want to but mostly do on the phone.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
When mobile on phone Tapatalk ( dark mode)

When on desktop I use AC forums with Chrome browser ( dark mode )

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Android Central app for the news and articles. Tapatalk for the forums (the forums on the AC app are slow and offer limited functionality such as no alerts when you've been quoted).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2