Does Anyone Use Liquid Glass?

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone use liquid glass?

I only ask because at a local repair shop, they are actually an official repair location for Google, I think the only in a large number of miles, well, they have them.

I got one installed on the front and on the back as well as on the camera lens.

I've seen them on Amazon but never purchased one and they installed it for a wopping $50, but the cool thing is, if the screen breaks, they will fix it for you with all OEM parts for only $20.

That made me try it and I'm going to cancel my insurance, because for another device they gave me the run-around for two weeks before I was able to get the claim processed and receive a check, which I still have to pay $50 on top.

So all that to say, does anyone have any experience with them? Do you like them? I'm wearing my phone bare at the office right now and kind've liking it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
TBH if that was around my area I would definitely get it. Sounds very cool. I only have a wet applied screen protector since the glass ones has bad reviews :(.

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
I've seen them on Amazon but never purchased one and they installed it for a wopping $50, but the cool thing is, if the screen breaks, they will fix it for you with all OEM parts for only $20.
Are you saying this local repair shop is claiming that they will charge you no more than $20 to replace your screen if it breaks now? That they will eat the cost of certified OEM replacement parts and their own labor? Or is that a claim coming from this liquid glass manufacturer?

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
That's the shop claiming that and they were very adamant about it.
Are you saying this local repair shop is claiming that they will charge you no more than $20 to replace your screen if it breaks now? That they will eat the cost of certified OEM replacement parts and their own labor? Or is that a claim coming from this liquid glass manufacturer?

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
you're talking about the droplet stuff that is applied to the phone right? If so, I've been wanting to try it. not for protection purposes, but because I have some pretty large scratches in my screen. so I'm hoping using the liquid glass would fill them in and add the extra protection.

Last edited:

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, fills in the scratches and cracks. I'm using it cause my phone is pretty new (got a new one for fun) and just wanted to compare with my last one. (Sold on Swappa)
you're talking about the droplet stuff that is applied to the phone right? If so, I've been wanting to try it. not for protection purposes, but because I have some pretty large scratches in my screen. so I'm hoping using the laid glass would fill them in and add the extra protection.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That's one helluva guarantee even if they're just playing the odds that anyone who would shell out 50 bucks or more for screen protection is probably pretty careful with his phone.

I've owned quite a few phones and never cracked a screen yet. Sounds like insurance.

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I would certainly want that guarantee in writing, especially if you're planning on cancelling your insurance coverage.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I haven't canceled the insurance on the device that I have it on. I'm going back to the UBREAKIFIX office this weekend for another device and I'll bring it up again.

But the insurance I have, Worth Avenue, I wouldn't advise anyone to use them lol.

I've cracked one screen, on my old Galaxy Nexus, it was a freak accident. Haha

And my wife and I travel so much and use our phones during transit that it's highly a possibility, though it hasn't much happened.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
:p
db07e7c9101376fca53cf88ae17401bc.jpg

cbcasas

Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics