Does Anyone Use Liquid Glass?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I applied that liquid nano gunk on my daughter's Zmax Pro ... Must have been 1 1/2 years now. Granted, it's lived it's life in a wallet case, but this is a 10 year old... The screen is nearly scratch free, save one wee little nick... Im kind of impressed. Almost tempted to slap it on my 2XL... I just don't know how well it'd hold up long term. If it starts to get beat up a bit, does reapplication clear all that up? Dunno...

But I'm fairly happy with the amfilm TGSP I recently put on... Maybe I should slap some on THAT and see how it rolls...amfilm sends two in the box, so there's little to lose I guess.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I applied that liquid nano gunk on my daughter's Zmax Pro ... Must have been 1 1/2 years now. Granted, it's lived it's life in a wallet case, but this is a 10 year old... The screen is nearly scratch free, save one wee little nick... Im kind of impressed. Almost tempted to slap it on my 2XL... I just don't know how well it'd hold up long term. If it starts to get beat up a bit, does reapplication clear all that up? Dunno...

But I'm fairly happy with the amfilm TGSP I recently put on... Maybe I should slap some on THAT and see how it rolls...amfilm sends two in the box, so there's little to lose I guess.

You're not using IQ shield anymore?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It has started to get nicked up a bit, and I was curious if they had done a better job with glass. The amFilm is $12 for a pair, so there was no risk really. So far, so good... It's not perfect, but I'm not hating it. I do really prefer the feel of glass...

But that IQ Shield still did a really good job for a good 6+months. But plastic is still plastic and whatever concoction they use to self heal became less effective.
You're not using IQ shield anymore?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It has started to get nicked up a bit, and I was curious if they had done a better job with glass. The amFilm is $12 for a pair, so there was no risk really. So far, so good... It's not perfect, but I'm not hating it. I do really prefer the feel of glass...

But that IQ Shield still did a really good job for a good 6+months. But plastic is still plastic and whatever concoction they use to self heal became less effective.

Is it full coverage with just the glue around the edges?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yeah mine has held up well but the IQ shield is now starting to show its wear.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Just edge adhesion. I haven't had any delams yet, and there's none of those little bits of dust the work their way under either, so it fits well. It barely clears the case I use, so that probably helps.
Is it full coverage with just the glue around the edges?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I am hoping with the Pixel 3 it will be more friendly with glass ones. I had a tempered glass screen protector on her phones and loved them.
Mine is full of nicks and dings. It also peeled back once near top speaker but I was able to get it back. Still works...just not a perfect appearance.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
How does the screen protector look in the end? Can you provide any photos? Oleophobic coating still there? How long did it take to install? Wondering if I can go get one installed on my lunch break at the ubreakifix nearby.

EDIT: Does it also distort screen quality like so? https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6280140
Ubreakifix would have to do the installation.

There is no distortion like the pic on Amazon. I'm not sure about the oleophobic coating, but it doesn't leave anymore fingerprints than the phone did out of the box.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes!! I can't even tell that anything is on it.

So I had a skin on my phone that was starting to peel on the edges and I had a front skin over my plastic screen protector. So I decided to go back to my Spigen Slim Armor case (which I forgot how much I love this case!) and as I expected my plastic wet application screen protector came off with the skin.

I forgot how much nicer the phone is to use on the glass. So much so I didn't want to put the spare plastic SP back on. So I stopped into Ubreakifix today and paid the $50 for the liquid glass application. You cannot tell its there. Honestly, I don't know if anything is but whatever, for $50 if the screen cracks I get a new one for another $20. So IDK if there is reallly anything there but the fact that they offer that warranty for $20 sold me on it. Very low risk.

There was a guy in there getting his screen replaced under the warranty on his S8+ that said he loved it and they were replacing the screen for $20 no questions asked. I was on the fence and he pushed me over it. We'll see how this goes.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
So I had a skin on my phone that was starting to peel on the edges and I had a front skin over my plastic screen protector. So I decided to go back to my Spigen Slim Armor case (which I forgot how much I love this case!) and as I expected my plastic wet application screen protector came off with the skin.

I forgot how much nicer the phone is to use on the glass. So much so I didn't want to put the spare plastic SP back on. So I stopped into Ubreakifix today and paid the $50 for the liquid glass application. You cannot tell its there. Honestly, I don't know if anything is but whatever, for $50 if the screen cracks I get a new one for another $20. So IDK if there is reallly anything there but the fact that they offer that warranty for $20 sold me on it. Very low risk.

There was a guy in there getting his screen replaced under the warranty on his S8+ that said he loved it and they were replacing the screen for $20 no questions asked. I was on the fence and he pushed me over it. We'll see how this goes.
I love mine!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol