07-10-2018 07:10 AM
31 12
tools
    Does anyone use liquid glass?

I only ask because at a local repair shop, they are actually an official repair location for Google, I think the only in a large number of miles, well, they have them.

I got one installed on the front and on the back as well as on the camera lens.

I've seen them on Amazon but never purchased one and they installed it for a wopping $50, but the cool thing is, if the screen breaks, they will fix it for you with all OEM parts for only $20.

That made me try it and I'm going to cancel my insurance, because for another device they gave me the run-around for two weeks before I was able to get the claim processed and receive a check, which I still have to pay $50 on top.

So all that to say, does anyone have any experience with them? Do you like them? I'm wearing my phone bare at the office right now and kind've liking it.
    idon12no and Morty2264 like this.
    06-20-2018 02:46 PM
    TBH if that was around my area I would definitely get it. Sounds very cool. I only have a wet applied screen protector since the glass ones has bad reviews .
    Jeremiah Bonds likes this.
    06-20-2018 03:02 PM
    I've seen them on Amazon but never purchased one and they installed it for a wopping $50, but the cool thing is, if the screen breaks, they will fix it for you with all OEM parts for only $20.
    Are you saying this local repair shop is claiming that they will charge you no more than $20 to replace your screen if it breaks now? That they will eat the cost of certified OEM replacement parts and their own labor? Or is that a claim coming from this liquid glass manufacturer?
    06-20-2018 03:25 PM
    That's the shop claiming that and they were very adamant about it.
    Are you saying this local repair shop is claiming that they will charge you no more than $20 to replace your screen if it breaks now? That they will eat the cost of certified OEM replacement parts and their own labor? Or is that a claim coming from this liquid glass manufacturer?
    06-20-2018 06:41 PM
    Was it ubreakifix? I am pretty sure there's one in my area. I have the plastic wet application protector and while I've gotten used to it I'd love to ditch it.
    06-20-2018 07:18 PM
    That's one helluva guarantee even if they're just playing the odds that anyone who would shell out 50 bucks or more for screen protection is probably pretty careful with his phone.
    06-20-2018 08:35 PM
    you're talking about the droplet stuff that is applied to the phone right? If so, I've been wanting to try it. not for protection purposes, but because I have some pretty large scratches in my screen. so I'm hoping using the liquid glass would fill them in and add the extra protection.
    06-20-2018 10:19 PM
    Yes!! I can't even tell that anything is on it.
    Was it ubreakifix? I am pretty sure there's one in my area. I have the plastic wet application protector and while I've gotten used to it I'd love to ditch it.
    06-21-2018 12:16 AM
    Yeah, fills in the scratches and cracks. I'm using it cause my phone is pretty new (got a new one for fun) and just wanted to compare with my last one. (Sold on Swappa)
    you're talking about the droplet stuff that is applied to the phone right? If so, I've been wanting to try it. not for protection purposes, but because I have some pretty large scratches in my screen. so I'm hoping using the laid glass would fill them in and add the extra protection.
    osubeavs728 likes this.
    06-21-2018 12:17 AM
    That's one helluva guarantee even if they're just playing the odds that anyone who would shell out 50 bucks or more for screen protection is probably pretty careful with his phone.
    I've owned quite a few phones and never cracked a screen yet. Sounds like insurance.
    06-21-2018 05:00 PM
    It is. OP I'd be careful and I would ask to see their guarantee in writing.
    I've owned quite a few phones and never cracked a screen yet. Sounds like insurance.
    06-21-2018 08:32 PM
    I would certainly want that guarantee in writing, especially if you're planning on cancelling your insurance coverage.
    06-21-2018 11:51 PM
    All glass is liquid if you heat it enough.
    06-22-2018 09:49 AM
    All glass is liquid if you heat it enough.
    That doesn't bode well for the device
    06-22-2018 09:52 AM
    I haven't canceled the insurance on the device that I have it on. I'm going back to the UBREAKIFIX office this weekend for another device and I'll bring it up again.

But the insurance I have, Worth Avenue, I wouldn't advise anyone to use them lol.

I've cracked one screen, on my old Galaxy Nexus, it was a freak accident. Haha

And my wife and I travel so much and use our phones during transit that it's highly a possibility, though it hasn't much happened.
    06-22-2018 12:18 PM
    Right. All bad reviews on Amazon. It's ridiculous. We'll see how well it is.
    TBH if that was around my area I would definitely get it. Sounds very cool. I only have a wet applied screen protector since the glass ones has bad reviews .
    06-22-2018 12:19 PM
    Have it in writing, they replace the glass and the LCD panel. They actually replaced my wife's today and viola, no more burn in.
    GSDer likes this.
    06-24-2018 12:47 AM
    Also, they officially resealed it, so it has its Google approved water resistance.
    06-24-2018 12:57 AM
    06-24-2018 04:11 PM
    How does the screen protector look in the end? Can you provide any photos? Oleophobic coating still there? How long did it take to install? Wondering if I can go get one installed on my lunch break at the ubreakifix nearby.

EDIT: Does it also distort screen quality like so? https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-r...cUvbUpU6273002
    06-26-2018 12:34 PM
    I applied that liquid nano gunk on my daughter's Zmax Pro ... Must have been 1 1/2 years now. Granted, it's lived it's life in a wallet case, but this is a 10 year old... The screen is nearly scratch free, save one wee little nick... Im kind of impressed. Almost tempted to slap it on my 2XL... I just don't know how well it'd hold up long term. If it starts to get beat up a bit, does reapplication clear all that up? Dunno...

But I'm fairly happy with the amfilm TGSP I recently put on... Maybe I should slap some on THAT and see how it rolls...amfilm sends two in the box, so there's little to lose I guess.
    07-06-2018 12:52 AM
    I applied that liquid nano gunk on my daughter's Zmax Pro ... Must have been 1 1/2 years now. Granted, it's lived it's life in a wallet case, but this is a 10 year old... The screen is nearly scratch free, save one wee little nick... Im kind of impressed. Almost tempted to slap it on my 2XL... I just don't know how well it'd hold up long term. If it starts to get beat up a bit, does reapplication clear all that up? Dunno...

But I'm fairly happy with the amfilm TGSP I recently put on... Maybe I should slap some on THAT and see how it rolls...amfilm sends two in the box, so there's little to lose I guess.
    You're not using IQ shield anymore?
    07-06-2018 04:12 PM
    It has started to get nicked up a bit, and I was curious if they had done a better job with glass. The amFilm is $12 for a pair, so there was no risk really. So far, so good... It's not perfect, but I'm not hating it. I do really prefer the feel of glass...

But that IQ Shield still did a really good job for a good 6+months. But plastic is still plastic and whatever concoction they use to self heal became less effective.
    You're not using IQ shield anymore?
    07-06-2018 05:42 PM
    It has started to get nicked up a bit, and I was curious if they had done a better job with glass. The amFilm is $12 for a pair, so there was no risk really. So far, so good... It's not perfect, but I'm not hating it. I do really prefer the feel of glass...

But that IQ Shield still did a really good job for a good 6+months. But plastic is still plastic and whatever concoction they use to self heal became less effective.
    Is it full coverage with just the glue around the edges?
    07-06-2018 06:01 PM

Yeah mine has held up well but the IQ shield is now starting to show its wear.
    07-06-2018 09:51 PM
31 12