Hello,

I bought my Pixel 2 the day they went on pre order. I haven't had a single problem with it until about 2 weeks ago when it started shutting itself off. It's at random, I may open snapchat or click reply to answer a text message or attempt to watch a YouTube video. The phone will shut off completely and won't turn back on until I hold the power and volume down for a few seconds.

Does anyone have a fix or reason?
    jonratner999 likes this.
    06-28-2018 02:10 AM
    It is still under warranty so i would speak to google support. I think there is a link somewhere in settings
    06-28-2018 08:13 AM
    this literally just happened to me 3 times in the last 20 minutes. not sure what caused it as I've had 0 issues since I bought it. not running beta software or anything like that. very strange, may have to contact Google
    06-28-2018 09:24 AM
    I may open snapchat or click reply to answer a text message or attempt to watch a YouTube video. The phone will shut off completely and won't turn back on until I hold the power and volume down for a few seconds.
    But the phone always shuts off like its giving a bad response to a tap on the display? It doesn't just shut off while sitting idle?

If it happened to me, my first thought would be that it's a problem with the digitizer or one of the connectors on the digitizer. I'd call Google support about it. Bear in mind, though, that I'm no engineer.
    06-28-2018 09:52 AM
    Hello,

I bought my Pixel 2 the day they went on pre order. I haven't had a single problem with it until about 2 weeks ago when it started shutting itself off. It's at random, I may open snapchat or click reply to answer a text message or attempt to watch a YouTube video. The phone will shut off completely and won't turn back on until I hold the power and volume down for a few seconds.

Does anyone have a fix or reason?
    I'd definitely contact Google support and tell them about that.
    I had a similar experience with a different phone that was doing that over a year ago.
    It was under warranty and was replaced after some unsuccessful trouble shooting.

One way to contact them is though Settings>Tips & support> at the bottom of that popup you will see a Chat and Phone icon.
    06-28-2018 07:15 PM
    This just happened to me yesterday 3 times for the first time since I bought the phone 3 months ago. I went to check something on the phone and found that it was powered off. I am having the exact same issue but it hasn't happened to me again in 18 hours after happening 3 times in 3 hours yesterday.
    07-01-2018 02:18 PM
    This just happened to me yesterday 3 times for the first time since I bought the phone 3 months ago. I went to check something on the phone and found that it was powered off. I am having the exact same issue but it hasn't happened to me again in 18 hours after happening 3 times in 3 hours yesterday.
    Yup same here, very weird
    07-01-2018 07:56 PM
    07-04-2018 05:24 PM
    For what it's worth.... I have not had this issue again since the 24 hours it was happening. It's been about a week or so.
    07-06-2018 03:04 PM