Weather Apps?

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I do not....haven't pulled the plug to get a weather station. Want to get a nice one and it's not a cheap date.

If you don't mind me asking what weather station do you have and how much did you pay?

I went fairly inexpensive to begin with and so far it's lasted 2 1/2 years. It really has worked well and gets good reviews. I bought it from Amazon. The price was just $141.99. Here's the link.

https://www.amazon.com/Ambient-Weat...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6275953

Whenever it fails, and I suppose it will at some point, I plan to replace it with a higher quality Davis Instruments station, but so far I'm quite pleased with the accuracy and the performance. And you certainly can't beat the price.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I do not....haven't pulled the plug to get a weather station. Want to get a nice one and it's not a cheap date.

If you don't mind me asking what weather station donyou have and how much did you pay?

If you look at my link below and click on "About this PWS" you will see a picture of my weather station. It reports to Weather Underground every 15 seconds and Weather Underground doesn't charge anything to host your station! The link and setup is easy to do.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KGALOGAN20#history

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I use the Google Weather app. But for more weather info I use Weather Bug Elite
Here are a few screen shots

1f07e4729e8345715d412fcbf2991fcb.jpg
115b74ec47ca9b3d6c114f9d82a4cbeb.jpg
76c9fa43852fb999f07852fb89d62344.jpg

Last edited:

jjm457

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I went fairly inexpensive to begin with and so far it's lasted 2 1/2 years. It really has worked well and gets good reviews. I bought it from Amazon. The price was just $141.99. Here's the link.

https://www.amazon.com/Ambient-Weat...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6276143

Whenever it fails, and I suppose it will at some point, I plan to replace it with a higher quality Davis Instruments station, but so far I'm quite pleased with the accuracy and the performance. And you certainly can't beat the price.

I too have a weather station on Wunderground. Mine is a Davis Instruments Vantage Vue (approx. $388.00), I also uploaded a weather webcam on Wunderground that I can view remotely, in case of snow or inclement conditions so I can get home before the weather gets worse. You have to get on board, nothing like having the weather straight from your own backyard!

My station link/address is:

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KVAROANO68

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I too have a weather station on Wunderground. Mine is a Davis Instruments Vantage Vue (approx. $388.00), I also uploaded a weather webcam on Wunderground that I can view remotely, in case of snow or inclement conditions so I can get home before the weather gets worse. You have to get on board, nothing like having the weather straight from your own backyard!

Nice view on the webcam. I thought it was hot here in Derbyshire, but it is even hotter in VA.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I've been thinking about installing a webcam on my weather station. What brand and model webcam do you have?

jjm457

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Having a heat wave in Charleston?
Yup it's been Hotter then normal ever since June.
May was wettest May in a long time,
June was hottest June in a long time also humid
July will,,, have to wait see how it unfolds

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

sbs8331

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
For widgets, nothing beats Chronus. It has a variety of widget options, ability to update manually, adjust transparency, update only on WiFi, and excellent support. It also has many options for weather services. What it lacks is its own detailed weather app, but I use its Dark Sky or Weather Underground option and use the calendar or clock hotspot to link directly to that app for more details.

andro1d

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I use the Google Weather app. But for more weather info I use Weather Bug Elite

I used to use Weather Bug Elite too but the app developers no longer support landscape. I remember when I first bought Elite and it was originally targeted for tablet users. Then they pulled Elite from the Play store. After some resentment, they restored Elite but did not support landscape.

It's 2018 and we aren't married to Blackberry OS (I used it way back when). Why would I have bought a smartphone that natively supports landscape orientation to load non-landscape apps?

Google Assistant. Price: Free.

Tigrisan

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I use YoWindow for my quick weather, but I like the fact that it's my background with current conditions. I see in the reviews that for some, it doesn't work well, but I've used it since it was released for the desktop years ago and when he released the android version, got it immediately. It works great.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=yo.app.free

For serious weather, I use WeatherUnderground. Both Accuweather and WeatherUnderground pull from the same database, but I like the WU interface better.

technomom

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Windy. So much data. Ironically, I discovered Windy through the Today Weather app which used it for their radar. They dropped it but I missed it so much I switched from Today to Windy's own app. It does lack the notification bar temp and widgets, but I love that I can switch between data models so easily. Model switching is great because you can avoid the Weather Hype like yesterday's "ZOMG it's going to be 103 Degrees in Northern NJ"! hype. I could show my relatives that only one model showed the 103 and more of the models came in the 95-99 range. Your typical news station weather likes to pick the most extreme model.

bumpandrun

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Im a huge weather geek....these are the most accurate as far as information being updated and passed on:

DarkSky-Notificatuon temp icon and notifications for precipitation times.

Storm Radar-. Good overall app for everything.

Weather Radio- Best/Most accurate storm alerts

Radarscope- The best most accurate radar in the mobile world.

Please see screen shot of what the apps look like when searching for them.

Hope this helps! Good luck, there is alot out there.//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180630/c1c63d2b5a49085b0ce4795da170a54d.jpg

The reviews I'm reading about Radarscope say that you pay the $9.99 fee and then they want you to pay more to get the features they advertise. If I'm paying $10 for a weather app I shouldn't have to pay for the features that they advertise and make you think you are getting for the $10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21