Weather Apps?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello, everyone!

I was wondering what weather apps you all use on your Pixels! I love The Weather Network app but for some reason it doesn't always load up on my phone! I then just use the native Google weather app but I'd like more functionality. Are there any apps you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Also, this is the weather where I am right now (and my app actually worked this time!). Spooky, am I right?

Attachments

• 12916.jpg
    12916.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 199

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I use this one

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tohsoft.weather.radar.widget.live.pro
d5ef25438c5f47e4a8e336e15cffc739.jpg

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I use this one:

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KGALOGAN20#history

But then this link is to the actual weather station that's on a 10' pole on the corner of my front deck. It's kinda cool to have the actual temperature, wind speed and rainfall at my house. Scroll down and there are charts that show the temperature, wind speed, wind direction, precipitation rate and accumulation, barometric pressure, solar radiation, and UV index.

It's kinda neat when we are at the mall or out to eat to be able to look at my weather station at home to see if it's raining.

My weather station also contributes to the weather data on Weather Underground and TV's The Weather Channel.

Yeah, I'm kinda serious about the weather! :)

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I've tried a bunch of them and prefer one that gives me a good, clean look on my homescreen. Accuweather is OK but IMO it fails at sticking its name/logo on the widget. Don't care for that. Accuweather should get with it and offer better widget customization options.
I have found weather timeline to be the most customizable. Alot of folks like to have everything including the kitchen sink in their weather widget. I prefer a clean look and if I want/need more info a simple press gets me to that. Weather Timeline has a nice feature of coloring the font and backgrounds to indicate the type of weather currently. Like gray back ground for rain or gray font. The best ting about it is being able to shade the background from 1 to 100% opacity. This makes for some nice homescreen touches plus with all the widget variations it really has a seemingly endless options of displaying your weather and comes with tons of icon options as well. It gets my vote and I use it off and on. When I'm running the pixel launcher I just defer to the Google weather app which is also good and not intrusive.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I use Weather Bug, which has a rather unobtrusive but functional widget. I really like the lightning tracker and the recently added future radar map.Capture+_2018-06-30-12-32-14.jpg

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I love weather underground. Am subscribed to it. But for some reason it crashed on my P2XL. I love that the weather station is just down the road. Really accurate for weather.

I wonder if it might be that since Weather Underground is based in the USA and you are in the UK that the data has to jump back and forth across the pond? Is your URL a .uk URL?

Luke18

Nov 24, 2017
Visit site
Im a huge weather geek....these are the most accurate as far as information being updated and passed on:

DarkSky-Notificatuon temp icon and notifications for precipitation times.

Storm Radar-. Good overall app for everything.

Weather Radio- Best/Most accurate storm alerts

Radarscope- The best most accurate radar in the mobile world.

Please see screen shot of what the apps look like when searching for them.

Hope this helps! Good luck, there is alot out there.
c1c63d2b5a49085b0ce4795da170a54d.jpg

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Im a huge weather geek....these are the most accurate as far as information being updated and passed on:

DarkSky-Notificatuon temp icon and notifications for precipitation times.

Storm Radar-. Good overall app for everything.

Weather Radio- Best/Most accurate storm alerts

Radarscope- The best most accurate radar in the mobile world.

Please see screen shot of what the apps look like when searching for them.

Hope this helps! Good luck, there is a lot out there.

I too pay for and use weatherscope. There's nothing better than maps and data direct from NOAA.

Being a weather geek, do you too have your own weather station?
Mine is here:
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KGALOGAN20#history

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I wonder if it might be that since Weather Underground is based in the USA and you are in the UK that the data has to jump back and forth across the pond? Is your URL a .uk URL?
It is a UK one but the app does pick up stations local to me. It was working fine and then just stopped a couple of weeks ago. Likely a DP3 issue rather than a WU issue tbh. Android P is unpredictable.

jjm457

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I use this one:

But then this link is to the actual weather station that's on a 10' pole on the corner of my front deck. It's kinda cool to have the actual temperature, wind speed and rainfall at my house. Scroll down and there are charts that show the temperature, wind speed, wind direction, precipitation rate and accumulation, barometric pressure, solar radiation, and UV index.

It's kinda neat when we are at the mall or out to eat to be able to look at my weather station at home to see if it's raining.

My weather station also contributes to the weather data on Weather Underground and TV's The Weather Channel.

Yeah, I'm kinda serious about the weather! :)

+1...Same here..I'm in Roanoke, Va

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KVAROANO68

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

This is the first time I've found another person with a Weather Underground weather station here on the forums! Cool! I clicked on your "About this PWS" and saw your picture of your station and your hardware. If you click on my "About this PWS" I have a picture of mine too. I've had mine for 2 1/2 years and I absolutely love having my own personal weather station!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
But then this link is to the actual weather station that's on a 10' pole
I think that the OP would look a little silly carrying a 10' pole around with a weather station mounted to it, but she'd sure get some accurate weather. Well, outside at least.

Luke18

Nov 24, 2017
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer