07-25-2018 01:03 PM
171 ... 567
tools
    How's your battery life on this release guys?
    My 2 XL hasn't been doing as well on DP 4 as on DP 3. I don't use my phone enough to know from # hours SOT, but standby time isn't as good. I had several days of losing 15%-18% overnight (7-8 hours), which never happened prior to DP 4.

I did a factory reset, and for the past few days I've been seeing more like 8%-10% overnight with AOD. I'm still waiting for Adaptive Battery to prompt me to restrict the apps that it had restricted before the reset, though.
    07-08-2018 11:51 AM
    My 2 XL hasn't been doing as well on DP 4 as on DP 3. I don't use my phone enough to know from # hours SOT, but standby time isn't as good. I had several days of losing 15%-18% overnight (7-8 hours), which never happened prior to DP 4.

I did a factory reset, and for the past few days I've been seeing more like 8%-10% overnight with AOD. I'm still waiting for Adaptive Battery to prompt me to restrict the apps that it had restricted before the reset, though.
    Have you had trouble with google pay or any apps since the factory reset as that was when i started having issues. Now no google pay, no alexa, no snapchat/bitmoji or fingerprint login on NatWest App. Don't want to reset again as it took 6 hours to reinstall and login to all my apps.
    07-08-2018 03:02 PM
    Have you had trouble with google pay or any apps since the factory reset
    No trouble with any specific apps that I've noticed. No, I take that back. I had been using an app called GMD Immersive to hide the top & bottom system bars, but that stopped working completely after the reset. Had to switch to the Tiles app and ADB a command to go immersive.

I did have to go through all of the clearing cache & data and force stopping all 3 apps in order to get Google Play to stop claiming the phone was "uncertified" and enable a credit card.
    07-08-2018 03:52 PM
    DP4 has been pretty good for me so far. My Starbucks app decided to just keep crashing today, but a simple uninstall and reinstall of the app fixed the issue, otherwise nothing else I've noticed to be off.
    07-08-2018 04:14 PM
    No trouble with any specific apps that I've noticed. No, I take that back. I had been using an app called GMD Immersive to hide the top & bottom system bars, but that stopped working completely after the reset. Had to switch to the Tiles app and ADB a command to go immersive.

I did have to go through all of the clearing cache & data and force stopping all 3 apps in order to get Google Play to stop claiming the phone was "uncertified" and enable a credit card.
    What 3 apps did you clear? I only cleared play store and google pay apps. My device is still uncertified and its a nightmare.

Cleared google app, pay and play store. Rebooted. Still uncertified. Am baffled.

Update: cleared play store again. Force stopped, cleared play services. Waited a minute then device finally certified. Able to activate gpay with my card and enabled fingerprint on my NatWest App. Snapchat logged in finally. So happy again.

Found extra info from a thread in reddit.
    07-08-2018 06:15 PM
    What 3 apps did you clear? I only cleared play store and google pay apps. My device is still uncertified and its a nightmare.
    Yep, Play Services was #3 .

FWIW, my Alexa app is also not working.

Turns out, the reality is even weirder. The Alexa app seems to be loading non-stop (endlessly drawing the same row of 3 dots), and I can't activate any of the app's icons, not even Settings. But I have a persistent notification that reads, "Tap the button for Alexa." And if I tap the button, the notification changes to "Listening" and Alexa takes questions and responds verbally and by displaying information on the home screen. Clunky, but it kinda works.
    Kirstein Gourlay likes this.
    07-08-2018 08:37 PM
    Android P Beta flagged Spotify as a "Restricted" app in Adaptive Battery and the music kept pausing when the screen was blank/phone locked. I removed it from the "restricted" list and there are no more pauses. App is still battery optimized.
    07-09-2018 10:08 AM
    Android P Beta flagged Spotify as a "Restricted" app in Adaptive Battery and the music kept pausing when the screen was blank/phone locked. I removed it from the "restricted" list and there are no more pauses. App is still battery optimized.
    I have a different radio app I use that keeps stopping at times. Wonder if that's why. However it has never prompted me about it draining the battery.
    07-09-2018 03:33 PM
    Was on a call, had speakerphone on because I was on hold. Went to answer a text and as soon as I hit enter the call disconnected. Called back, waiting on hold again, I could not get the keyboard to open in any app until I exited the call.
    07-09-2018 05:01 PM

Cleared google app, pay and play store. Rebooted. Still uncertified. Am baffled.

Update: cleared play store again. Force stopped, cleared play services. Waited a minute then device finally certified. Able to activate gpay with my card and enabled fingerprint on my NatWest App. Snapchat logged in finally. So happy again.

Found extra info from a thread in reddit.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f10a13dddf.jpg
    You could have just killed a chicken
    Kirstein Gourlay likes this.
    07-09-2018 06:47 PM
    You could have just killed a chicken
    Tried that. Still said uncertified. Lol!
    07-09-2018 07:47 PM
    I thought when your on beta the Google play will say uncertified ...I remember that being on my phones on beta from Pixel to Samsung
    07-09-2018 07:50 PM
    I thought when your on beta the Google play will say uncertified ...I remember that being on my phones on beta from Pixel to Samsung
    It did for a while but there is a workaround to get it working and certified again. Just took me ages to get it to work.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-09-2018 07:55 PM
    It did for a while but there is a workaround to get it working and certified again. Just took me ages to get it to work.
    I see ...
    07-09-2018 08:23 PM
    I have a different radio app I use that keeps stopping at times. Wonder if that's why. However it has never prompted me about it draining the battery.
    Check the Adaptive Battery settings just in case. I don't remember doing anything regarding Spotify, but it was in the list.
    Theot likes this.
    07-10-2018 03:35 PM
    anyone having any issues with wifi calling? for some reason my phone simply won't make calls over wifi anymore. the reception is terrible at my home so I rely pretty heavily on wifi calling. not sure why this has randomly stopped working.
    07-24-2018 09:07 PM
    anyone having any issues with wifi calling? for some reason my phone simply won't make calls over wifi anymore. the reception is terrible at my home so I rely pretty heavily on wifi calling. not sure why this has randomly stopped working.
    None that I'm aware of
    07-24-2018 11:27 PM
    I've never had any issues with wifi calling prior to this, seems to have only began with this dev preview. found some users having same problems on reddit, none of the workarounds have done anything to remedy for me though.
    07-24-2018 11:42 PM
    I can't comment on wifi calling. I don't use it.
    07-25-2018 02:53 AM
    I haven't noticed any problems with wifi calling. Every stinkin' robocall has been makin' it through just fine.
    vansmack likes this.
    07-25-2018 10:53 AM
    Closing this for this ... https://forums.androidcentral.com/go...ml#post6289950
    07-25-2018 01:03 PM
171 ... 567