landscape lock screen

mrrobotanger

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey y'all. Does anyone know of an ap that will display the always on screen info in landscape mode? I like to have it in landscape in my car, but when the screen shuts off, it goes to portrait mode. Any ideas?

PS. I've used timely and I find it to be too busy. What I'm really after is so.etbing that looks just like the Google always on display but in landscape mode.

PSS. I know it's possible, because if I have an ap like GP music running, in landscape mode, as it goes to sleep it I itially displays the always on display in landscape mode before it's forced back to portrait

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks a million

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I know it's possible, because if I have an ap like GP music running, in landscape mode, as it goes to sleep it I itially displays the always on display in landscape mode before it's forced back to portrait
In my brief attempts to reproduce what you're describing, using Google Play Music in landscape orientation (either playing music or not), I've never seen anything show up in landscape - when it does show up it's already in portrait.
In any case you'd be best served asking over on XDA - this seems like something that would require root access.

00stryder

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This screenshot was taken in landscape mode with the standard clock app using screensaver mode. If I turn off the screen via the power button then the display returns in portrait mode only, but if I let the screen time out or manually activate the screensaver mode via the Display settings then it allows screen rotation.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180704-075429.png
    Screenshot_20180704-075429.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 27

szkamens

Dec 28, 2018
Visit site
This screenshot was taken in landscape mode with the standard clock app using screensaver mode. If I turn off the screen via the power button then the display returns in portrait mode only, but if I let the screen time out or manually activate the screensaver mode via the Display settings then it allows screen rotation.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Can you tell us precisely what settings (and in which apps) you managed to produce this?

TIA!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital