Why is my clock icon jagged and not round on my brand new Pixel 2 XL?

P. S. I zoomed in to show it better. It is still jagged when not zoomed.
    Attached Thumbnails Clock icon not round-20180705_220620.jpg  
    07-05-2018 11:12 PM
    Looks normal to me. The zoom in seems to be the issue.
    07-05-2018 11:59 PM
    he's saying without zoom in ...the guy has hawks eye ..lol I only see it with zooming in
    DMP89145 likes this.
    07-06-2018 12:08 AM
    You can tell that the edges/border is jagged even when not zoomed in. There are also other icons/objects that do not have smooth corners.
    07-06-2018 01:02 AM
    If you can't live with it there's launchers and icon packs to change the icons.
    07-06-2018 01:20 AM
    I understand that. I just didn't know if this was unique to my device or if all Pixel 2 XL's were like this.
    07-06-2018 01:31 AM
    Yep I have some dodgy icons like that one too. Why??
    07-06-2018 03:54 AM
    OP, do you have Android P beta 3? Wonder if that's the issue?
    07-06-2018 07:54 AM
    It's a computer problem, not a Pixel problem. Drawing a round line with straight line segments is impossible - a circle is an infinite number of zero length straight line segments. (I first noticed the problem around 1978 or so, so it's not something new.) If you look at 12 and 6, you'll see straight lines (more noticeable on the blue than on the white). It's definitely not a bug or something broken on your phone. (There are a lot of problems like that - 1/2 is an infinitely-repeating "binal" in binary arithmetic, 1/3 is a short ne - converting them to decimal gives a rounding error somewhere - no matter how many places you carry it to. All sorts of things like that. It's why subtracting two variables that hold the same value, then comparing that to 0, yields false.)
    DMP89145 likes this.
    07-06-2018 03:35 PM
    OP, do you have Android P beta 3? Wonder if that's the issue?
    I don't think the icons are different
    07-06-2018 05:05 PM
    Why is my clock icon jagged and not round on my brand new Pixel 2 XL?

P. S. I zoomed in to show it better. It is still jagged when not zoomed.
    I Don't see jagged edges
    07-06-2018 05:06 PM
    I am on 8.1. I am just trying to figure out if this is a software issue or a hardware issue. Is everyone else's like this? Even when not zoomed in, you can tell that the icon is not smoothly rounded. Its hard to capture on camera. Notice how the edges of the blue circle look like its kind of fraying. IDK, maybe google just did a poor job at designing the icon but it caught my eye.
    07-06-2018 05:21 PM
    I am on 8.1. I am just trying to figure out if this is a software issue or a hardware issue. Is everyone else's like this? Even when not zoomed in, you can tell that the icon is not smoothly rounded. Its hard to capture on camera. Notice how the edges of the blue circle look like its kind of fraying. IDK, maybe google just did a poor job at designing the icon but it caught my eye.
    The blue is more noticable but only when I zoom. I'm on beta and I believe there is no difference in icons
    Attached Thumbnails Clock icon not round-7418.jpg  
    07-06-2018 05:49 PM
    If you guys realize that it's impossible to do a curved line on any screen maybe you'd let go. All those curves are just thousands of little squares lined up in a way to make it seem curved. As you get closer you see the edges.
    Laura Knotek and DMP89145 like this.
    07-07-2018 01:04 AM
    If you guys realize that it's impossible to do a curved line on any screen maybe you'd let go. All those curves are just thousands of little squares lined up in a way to make it seem curved. As you get closer you see the edges.
    That's already been mentioned. I'm not sure what the big deal is but I guess it bothers somebody
    07-07-2018 01:56 PM
    People aren't comprehending. It's pretty much only the Clock icon that's jagged (the blue part of it).

Other rounded icons and outlines are fine. E.g. the WhatsApp icon.

Get it now?
    07-07-2018 03:29 PM
    It's Google's implementation of "draw a circle with square pixels" bug. If you pay careful attention to the design (maybe doing the design at 8X or 16X magnification), it won't show on the icon. Of you do it at 1X, and your eye isn't perfect, you get jaggies. I guess no one at Google thought that anyone was going to blow the icon up and examine it minutely. At normal size, it's not really noticeable (except at 6 and 2 - you can never get rid of those straight lines until you get to ridiculous resolutions).

Mike - even your Gmail icon shows straight lines at the top and bottom if you look really closely.
    07-07-2018 04:09 PM
    People aren't comprehending. It's pretty much only the Clock icon that's jagged (the blue part of it).

Other rounded icons and outlines are fine. E.g. the WhatsApp icon.

Get it now?
    Dont be so sure. People do get it.
    07-07-2018 04:10 PM
    It's Google's implementation of "draw a circle with square pixels" bug. If you pay careful attention to the design (maybe doing the design at 8X or 16X magnification), it won't show on the icon. Of you do it at 1X, and your eye isn't perfect, you get jaggies. I guess no one at Google thought that anyone was going to blow the icon up and examine it minutely. At normal size, it's not really noticeable (except at 6 and 2 - you can never get rid of those straight lines until you get to ridiculous resolutions).

Mike - even your Gmail icon shows straight lines at the top and bottom if you look really closely.
    Yeah... I don't worry about icons
    07-07-2018 04:13 PM
    Didn't mean to sound like a smartarse lol. Just got frustrated with some of the replies here. Anyway thanks all.
    07-07-2018 04:15 PM
    Yeah I understand how the lines are drawn, I was just more concerned if this was just a bug on my device, especially after all of the issues with the Pixel 2 XL's screen. It seems the clock icon isn't as polished as some others, no big deal.
    07-08-2018 12:28 AM
    Yeah mine has jagged edges. Bigger gripe for me is that the grey 'bezel' around the clock isn't even.

You can see the top left outer grey bezel of the clock is thinner than the bottom right part. Looks uneven and very sloppy.
    07-08-2018 07:38 AM