07-12-2018 08:49 AM
31 12
tools
    Interesting. Scary stuff if that happens to you.
    If it worries you, then it's better not to use your fingerprints to unlock your phone (or for any other purpose). :-)
    07-12-2018 08:01 AM
    This is normal. Android requires you to enter the passcode every four days. This is to prevent someone stealing your fingerprint and being able to use the phone indefinitely.
    Are you sure? I don't have to enter my pin code every 4 days.
    07-12-2018 08:09 AM
    Phones are fingerprint magnets nowadays. It's very likely that your fingerprint can be taken off that.

Also, I maybe mistaken, but I recall that a passcode is needed on restart because the phone is encrypted and can't access the stored fingerprint without being decrypted first.
    It is a security system which protects your fingerprint data. The major reason we need it though is to provide an alternative to access the phone in the even you FPS fails or fails to recognize your prints.
    07-12-2018 08:20 AM
    Are you sure? I don't have to enter my pin code every 4 days.
    I can't guarantee that all Android phones are the same, but mine certainly does this. Huawei phones are reported to ask every three days, and Nexus phones after 48 hours - see the "unlock your device" section at https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6285273?hl=en):
    07-12-2018 08:30 AM
    It is a security system which protects your fingerprint data. The major reason we need it though is to provide an alternative to access the phone in the even you FPS fails or fails to recognize your prints.
    Actually @chanchan05 might be right. The fingerprints are stored in a secure part of the phone. In some designs (I can't say for sure about Android phones), this secure storage will not divulge any data until it has been unlocked using a PIN. This prevents someone from stealing your phone, taking it apart or installing new software on it, and simply recovering your fingerprint data from the secure storage.
    07-12-2018 08:34 AM
    Actually @chanchan05 might be right. The fingerprints are stored in a secure part of the phone. In some designs (I can't say for sure about Android phones), this secure storage will not divulge any data until it has been unlocked using a PIN. This prevents someone from stealing your phone, taking it apart or installing new software on it, and simply recovering your fingerprint data from the secure storage.
    That's what I said....the pin code protects the finger print data, (as well as other data) however by design it required as an alternative means to access your phone if FPS, Face or Iris authentication fails.
    07-12-2018 08:49 AM
31 12