I'm trying to pair my pixel to my Asus flip c100 via Bluetooth so that I can set up instant tethering. I can get all the way through the initial pair process and get to the part where I'd says if the numbers match click accept. When I do that it pairs but refuses to connect. When I try to connect I get a "failed to connect to pixel 2" message. Anyone run across this that knows how to fix it? I have tried forgetting and repairing. Rebooted both and other basic troubleshooting steps.
    07-16-2018 09:36 PM
    07-16-2018 09:59 PM
    Sorry no solution for you ,my Pixel 2 would fail the same way with my Dell .
    This phone is plagued with Bluetooth issues!
    07-17-2018 08:41 AM
    It really isn't for everyone. I'm really confused why you seem to constantly repeat that as if everyone has these issues.
    07-17-2018 08:45 AM
    And I can say that I have no issues pairing my Pixel 2 XL with any of my devices via Bluetooth. You might want to get your Pixel RMA'd since you seem to be having issues with it.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    07-17-2018 08:49 AM
    I really enjoyed my pixel phone to bad the Bluetooth part of it was just a bad experience, and with new threads constantly opening with people having issues Google needs to rise to this situation.
    sorry to say that a non Google phone I have now pairs to everything.
    07-17-2018 08:52 AM
    are you on beta?
    Yes I am on beta channel on my pixel, and stable channel on my Chromebook. I was kind of wondering if that could be the issue.
    07-17-2018 09:05 AM
    My phone has paired fine with everything BUT my Chromebook.
    07-17-2018 09:06 AM
    I'm trying to pair my pixel to my Asus flip c100 via Bluetooth so that I can set up instant tethering.
    Have you tried setting up Instant Tethering without pairing the devices? I don't know from the Asus C100, but my Pixelbook will do IT no problem, yet it and my 2 XL have never been on BT-speaking terms. I can't get the stinking thing to allow phone unlock, either.
    07-17-2018 10:54 AM
    Have you tried setting up Instant Tethering without pairing the devices? I don't know from the Asus C100, but my Pixelbook will do IT no problem, yet it and my 2 XL have never been on BT-speaking terms. I can't get the stinking thing to allow phone unlock, either.
    I will try that when I get off work to see
    07-17-2018 11:32 AM
    I really enjoyed my pixel phone to bad the Bluetooth part of it was just a bad experience, and with new threads constantly opening with people having issues Google needs to rise to this situation.
    sorry to say that a non Google phone I have now pairs to everything.
    "Constantly" -- I see two.

Also my Google phone pairs to everything I have tried so far as well (Bose headset, LG headset, Honda car, Ford truck, etc.)
    Rukbat and DMP89145 like this.
    07-17-2018 12:02 PM
    Yes I am on beta channel on my pixel, and stable channel on my Chromebook. I was kind of wondering if that could be the issue.
    I'm sorry I didn't get to chime in on time
    But glad others gave you some advice
    Sometimes beta certain things won't work untill the final build
    07-17-2018 07:42 PM
    My Pixel connects no matter what I run
    07-17-2018 08:31 PM
    "Constantly" -- I see two.

Also my Google phone pairs to everything I have tried so far as well (Bose headset, LG headset, Honda car, Ford truck, etc.)
    I have no Bluetooth issues.....even my Huawei Watch works perfectly my 2XL. I can make and answer calls from either one and I know that was an issue for a lot of people going back.
    07-17-2018 08:33 PM