Android P Developer Preview and Reply by Area 120

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having problems using Reply by Area 120 on the Pixel 2XL running Android P Developer Preview? Pulling down from the notification bar and attempting to select a recommendation for a response to a text message does not work.Screenshot_20180802-201528.jpgScreenshot_20180802-201513.jpg

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you had bothered to put a link to the application in question in your post I might have taken a look at it but a search for an application named 'Reply' turns up a bazillion results and searching for 'Area 120' showed inconclusive results.
You could use something like Share Apps https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.theronrogers.shareapps to generate a list of all your apps and just share the one in question.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
I use that app on the P previews and have not had any issues so far. I guess I would recommend uninstalling it and reinstalling it to see if that clears it up. if not as this is not a normal app that everybody is really into I'm not sure that there's really a solid way to troubleshoot it. But if there's anything that you want me to test I'm willing to do that!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
FYI, Area 120 is Google's in-house incubator, and as far as I can tell, Reply is only available as an apk (not an app installable through the Play Store)
Yeah, when I searched for 'Area 120' it showed Grasshopper, which is a beginner coding app produced by Google, but that was it. Thanks for the explanation.