I am a huge fan of the Unread Badge app/widget that allows you see how many unread emails you have for different Gmail accounts. (don't even get me started on why this isn't part of the standard OS)

Does anyone who also uses this app know if it is working with Pie yet? My update is ready but I'm not going to install Pie until the app is working properly... Same thing goes for Light Manager... Wonder if that is working with Pie.

Thanks
    08-09-2018 06:27 AM
    I went ahead and installed Unread Badge https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gmailbadgefree on my Pixel 2 XL running the Android 9 (Pie) stable build and it seems to work fine. I don't have multiple email accounts to test it with, and I haven't received a new Gmail since I installed it, but it's showing the correct count of unread emails.
    I'm not so jazzed about the permissions that are required - I don't think they need access to my Contacts in order to show me an unread count, and I think they should be able to get by without the Listener service permission, but I'm not a developer so those may be necessary.
    Edit: had someone send me a test Gmail and that updated the badge count correctly, as did the count when I read that email.
    08-09-2018 03:28 PM
    Are you referring to Light Manager - LED Settings https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o.lightmanager
    If so, I've seen some reviews that indicate that it's not working with Pie.
    If that's the correct one (you didn't post a link) I'll give it a go and let you know.
    08-09-2018 03:34 PM
    Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated!
    08-10-2018 11:33 PM