Hi. I have a pixel 2 with Pie on it, and for the most part I like it, but I do miss a few things that changed.. I wonder if you guys can help with these (if it's even possible):
    (1) AM/PM is gone from the time in the notification bar and lock screen. I want them back! 😢
    (2) I don't want to see weather on the lock screen. How can I get rid of it? I tried removing location permission from Google app, but weather still shows up. Is it removable?
    (3) The Overview button now shows recently used apps similarly to iOS. I hate it. I want the vertical carousel back. Is it possible to switch back to that?

I use Nova launcher, if that helps. Thanks in advance for your insight.
    08-17-2018 08:31 PM
    I see you are a new user here - welcome to Android Central!

With regards to the time, are you using a 12-hour clock or the military 24-hour clock? Mine is set to the latter so I didn't see a difference.

I tried searching through the Display settings to see if there was any way to turn off the weather from the lockscreen; but I could not find that option. I am unsure if it is available.

Ah yes, that "recent apps" list. Sometimes I find it useful but it's still a bit foreign to me; as I'm not used to seeing a rarely-used app suddenly displayed, just because I used it recently.

Google may make these changes available in ensuing updates, though, even if they aren't changeable now.

I am sure other users will chime in soon with their feedback, as well!
    08-17-2018 08:49 PM
    Yes, mine is set to 12 hour.
    08-20-2018 07:04 AM
    (1) AM/PM is gone from the time in the notification bar and lock screen. I want them back!
    (2) I don't want to see weather on the lock screen. How can I get rid of it? I tried removing location permission from Google app, but weather still shows up. Is it removable?
    (3) The Overview button now shows recently used apps similarly to iOS. I hate it. I want the vertical carousel back. Is it possible to switch back to that?

I use Nova launcher, if that helps.
    1. Nope, sorry
    2. Sorry again
    3. Really sorry (I don't care for that view either)
    I don't happen to use Nova but I would have thought that you could at least get #1 back the way you want it.
    If you have an unlockable Bootloader then you could root the device and probably find fixes for all of your wishes; I just haven't looked at the mods available since I have the Verizon variant.
    08-20-2018 11:43 AM