Whatsapp cloning with Android Pie

Tolba59

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site
Hi,
I've a Pixel 2 and last week Android Pie arrived OTA which was a great step up, one issue I'm having is with App cloning apps like Parallel space, it doesn't work anymore and the only one i see working is App Cloner but still not able to clone whatsapp.

Any ideas?
Thanks

fkoomson

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I lost access to my, 2nd WhatsApp account when I updated my Android to version 9 on my Google Pixel XL.

Please help!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Any ideas?
Please help!
If this capability is that important to you then your best bet would be to manually flash the final Oreo firmware and wait until one of those cloning apps gets updated to support Android Pie.
Since Google is continuously making the platform more secure it's quite possible that this won't be fixed (unless perhaps you acquire root capabilities). And it may be that Facebook (owners of WhatsApp) is also trying to lock down this behavior.

David daud daud

Mar 16, 2019
Visit site
The only working solution ive found is to activate a guest account from settings. Then setup whatsapp using the second number. Ofcourse this means that it will only work when u are logged in as guest. You will have to do a lot of back and fourth switching between your main admin account and the guest account. I have the xiaomi mi a2 lite running android one updated to pie

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I've a Pixel 2 and last week Android Pie arrived OTA which was a great step up, one issue I'm having is with App cloning apps like Parallel space, it doesn't work anymore and the only one i see working is App Cloner but still not able to clone whatsapp.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Can try uninstalling the app and reinstall again.

ercscl

Mar 20, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Any ideas?
Thanks

Try whatsapp Business

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles