10 Months in.....Still Love It

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
A lot of these forums have people posting about issues and complaints. I thought I would just point out that I am 10 months in and still have the "new" phone feeling with this device.

Have the 2xl and it still runs buttery smooth since the day I got it. No issues whatsoever.

This is the first phone in a long time where I am not getting the itch to upgrade to anything else. The 2xl works and sits for what I need.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks for reading.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I didn't own a Pixel 2 XL, BUT I had the VERY similar LG V30. LG based the Pixel 2 XL design on the V30. I loved that phone, BUT when I got my OP6 it was the odd man out. I still miss it sometimes.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
A lot of these forums have people posting about issues and complaints. I thought I would just point out that I am 10 months in and still have the "new" phone feeling with this device.

Have the 2xl and it still runs buttery smooth since the day I got it. No issues whatsoever.

This is the first phone in a long time where I am not getting the itch to upgrade to anything else. The 2xl works and sits for what I need.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks for reading.

Yep, I still love my 2 XL. Main selling points for me were camera quality and battery life. They are still top notch. I was amused when several independent testers recently put the 2 XL camera up against the new Apple iPhone XS and the 2 XL beat it. I haven't noticed any drop off in battery life.

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I still love my 2 XL. Main selling points for me were camera quality and battery life. They are still top notch. I was amused when several independent testers recently put the 2 XL camera up against the new Apple iPhone XS and the 2 XL beat it. I haven't noticed any drop off in battery life.

Agreed. I do not think enough can be said about what Google has done with this camera.....especially on the software end. 1 year in and still the best smartphone camera out there. IMO

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Same here. I got my 2xl panda last December and have noticed no performance or battery issues. Still loving the phone...amazing camera, useful always on display & squeeze for Assistant, front facing speakers, monthly updates, etc. It checks all the boxes for me.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm so glad you are loving your Pixel 2 XL! What size/colour did you get? I feel the same way about my smaller Pixel 2 (white version, smaller storage size). It has the odd hiccup here and there (what phone doesn't?); but it otherwise runs smoothly and I'm really enjoying using stock Android again. It made me realize how much I missed my Nexus 5!

Also, users/posters tend to come here for help more often than not (though you also get the tech enthusiasts as well); so you may see a skewed sample of dissatisfied versus satisfied users.

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm so glad you are loving your Pixel 2 XL! What size/colour did you get? I feel the same way about my smaller Pixel 2 (white version, smaller storage size). It has the odd hiccup here and there (what phone doesn't?); but it otherwise runs smoothly and I'm really enjoying using stock Android again. It made me realize how much I missed my Nexus 5!

Also, users/posters tend to come here for help more often than not (though you also get the tech enthusiasts as well); so you may see a skewed sample of dissatisfied versus satisfied users.

Very true. Love the forums for the reason that if you have a question, you will most likely find an answer in here.

I have the black 128 version. More storage than I am ever gonna need but I figured go with the larger version. I was really eyeing the Panda but decided on the black.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Going on two months this is the best device I have ever owned. I am passed I never purchased one years ago and can't wait to see the 3 xl when it comes out!!!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Very true. Love the forums for the reason that if you have a question, you will most likely find an answer in here.

I have the black 128 version. More storage than I am ever gonna need but I figured go with the larger version. I was really eyeing the Panda but decided on the black.

The black is a very beautiful choice! And too much storage is okay! You never know - you might need it! :)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, people with problems tend to land here looking for help, so it leads to some selection bias.

I got my 2XL near launch.. phone still works flawlessly and I have no desire whatsoever to replace it. It does everything I ask of it, and does it without any fuss... Which is all I need.

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, people with problems tend to land here looking for help, so it leads to some selection bias.

I got my 2XL near launch.. phone still works flawlessly and I have no desire whatsoever to replace it. It does everything I ask of it, and does it without any fuss... Which is all I need.

That is the best thing about all smartphones. One brand might fit one person better than another. Finding a device that works for your needs is key. I am in the same boat. The 2XL does everything I need so no need for me to switch either.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That is the best thing about all smartphones. One brand might fit one person better than another. Finding a device that works for your needs is key. I am in the same boat. The 2XL does everything I need so no need for me to switch either.

I couldn't have said that better, myself. What works well for one person may not work as well - or at all - for another. That's the beauty of Android - there's something for everyone!

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I love my 2 XL for its smoothness and speed. It just works. Always. That being said it is my first non BlackBerry device and it lacks the character of those phones. The Pixel is a slab among other slabs. But it is an awesome slab, and I like it.

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I love my 2 XL for its smoothness and speed. It just works. Always. That being said it is my first non BlackBerry device and it lacks the character of those phones. The Pixel is a slab among other slabs. But it is an awesome slab, and I like it.

I loved my BB devices. I was always the one who ran out on launch day to buy the latest and greatest. I still miss BB10. I still believe that was the best OS out there but the app gap did them in.

Android is different. You are correct to say that it lack character. Slab phones can blend in without any differing characteristics. When you are using a BlackBerry, people know it is a BlackBerry.

Still comes down to using what works best for the individual, no matter what OS it is.