01-06-2019 02:14 AM
44 12
tools
    A lot has been said about changing consumer habits and the slowing sales of computers today. For many people a cell phone can totally take the place of having a full sized Windows or Apple desktop or laptop machine. Has your cell phone become your only computer?
    billchat likes this.
    09-30-2018 11:55 AM
    I have 3 computers and 1 Chromebook in the house but my phone gets the most use.
    09-30-2018 12:07 PM
    I have a win 10 desktop, a MacBook Air and. Pixelbook. I use my phone the most.
    09-30-2018 12:19 PM
    No, it's not even close for me. I definitely spend more time on desktop/laptop than on mobile. Phone definitely plays it's role, but I only use it when I'm away from my Chromebook or desktop.
    editguy and wilsodw like this.
    09-30-2018 12:21 PM
    For most productivity tasks I use the computer: MS Office suite, Google Docs, photo processing etc.
    My phone still plays a role however as I can Bluetooth share between desktop and phone.
    09-30-2018 12:30 PM
    when I need to do heavy tasks I get on my laptop otherwise it's my phone for everything else.
    mbxx likes this.
    09-30-2018 01:55 PM
    My phone gets the most use. My computer is pretty old and the display isn't very accurate. I'd like to get a more modern one for gaming and photo editing, but it's rather low on the budget list.
    09-30-2018 02:41 PM
    I work on a desktop/laptop all day and tend to take care of most things like paying bills and stuff on lunch at work. So I'd probably use a computer more at home if I didn't have that access. That said I still have a laptop at home for when I need a computer.
    09-30-2018 04:59 PM
    Hell, no! My phone serves as phone, camera and quick internet browsing. I use my Win 10 PC for regular browsing, music, movies, games, work in Excel and Word, photo and video editing. It is easier and faster to do all that on regular desktop PC. And I do not plan to change that in near future.
    editguy likes this.
    09-30-2018 05:21 PM
    Not even close. I have a MacBook Pro and a Mac Mini at home, not to mention my Tab S3.
    09-30-2018 05:33 PM
    I have a gaming rig.
    09-30-2018 09:21 PM
    I use a Microsoft XP desktop and Surface Pro 3, both connected to nice large monitors since I have rather elderly eyes (!) ... however, I do read a lot of news articles on my Pixel 2, and I absolutely love playing Solitaire on it. I only visit Forums on my SP3.
    09-30-2018 09:24 PM
    At work my desktop/laptop/phone
    At home only phone
    09-30-2018 09:28 PM
    I've never quite understood how a phone can be the primary device for an adult, tbh. How do you get things done on a phone? Do people write reports and work on spreadsheets on a phone? Watch whole movies and read full novels on a phone??
    09-30-2018 09:38 PM
    My phone is the device I browse the web and use social media the most on, but that's because it's almost always within arms reach.

I still sit at a desk and use my desktop most every night, and I often use a tablet as well.

Almost everything productive or productivity related I do with a keyboard/mouse and windows 10.
    09-30-2018 09:53 PM
    I'm with those users who sustain..That smart Phones are
    mostly for outdoors browsing, reply to emails-Send text
    messages, make appointments, bank inquires
    using its apps & More tasks online quickly

But still I'd say 60% of productive operations by individuals
    and for Big corporations : Are performed through high
    Tech computers : Being comfortable on a PC- Desk
    won't Stop soon. I use both devices : Thx Gary

*Kudos to gebco for his likeable avatar- Haa! and comment
    09-30-2018 10:37 PM
    I've never quite understood how a phone can be the primary device for an adult, tbh. How do you get things done on a phone? Do people write reports and work on spreadsheets on a phone? Watch whole movies and read full novels on a phone??
    You can do most things on a phone now. Mobile banking and bill pay. Order food and groceries. GPS. Gaming. Chances are, yes there's spreadsheets and word processors for reports. As they say, "There's an app for that."

I'll watch a short YouTube video on my phone, but movies I watch on TV. So that doesn't really impact computer user as it is. I wouldn't read a novel on a computer either. A phone/e-reader would be better for that anyway because you can kick back and relax to read it. I also listen to audio books from my phone.
    09-30-2018 11:06 PM

*Kudos to gebco for his likeable avatar- Haa! and comment
    😁🍻
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    09-30-2018 11:53 PM
    1 Home Built Desktop - 1 Surface Pro - 1 HP laptop - 1 Pixel 2. Desktop gets the most use. I can see how a phone could cut into the computer use time though. I now use text messages, instead of emails, for tracking notifications.

My problem is the smallness of the Pixel screen/keyboard compared to computer monitor/keyboard. Old eyes and clumbsy fingers like "big".

Great time for technology, many many choices.
    editguy likes this.
    10-01-2018 04:24 AM
    Kind a true. I have a Windows PC and HP laptop. But usually use my cell for most tasks.
    10-01-2018 05:08 AM
    For me.. I tend to use my BlackBerry Key² like 95% of the time for anything from communication, social networking to shopping, banking etc..

The other 5% that I use a pc.. 95% of that time is when at work for obvious reasons. At home I haven't even used my tablet in like 2 months. the phone has replaced it.
    10-01-2018 07:47 AM
    I have a gaming rig.
    Ditto. Along with a media PC.

I'd say that my time on my phone and PC is probably pretty balanced.
    10-01-2018 08:21 AM
    I only use the computer to watch TV, the rest I use my phone to. Haven't used the computer for many years now. Okay, the last phones I had was tablets that I could use as a phone and now I have a phone with 6.4 inch screen.
    10-01-2018 08:29 AM
    A lot has been said about changing consumer habits and the slowing sales of computers today. For many people a cell phone can totally take the place of having a full sized Windows or Apple desktop or laptop machine. Has your cell phone become your only computer?
    I sometimes use my phone to do tasks I used to do on my laptop but would never use it as a complete replacement
    10-01-2018 09:35 AM
    1. Dual-boot gaming laptop for games (duh!), all the spam email, occasional spreadsheets and serious web searches
    2. Nexus 7 (2013) for all my Netflix, Amazon videos and various book reading apps (Kindle, Nook, Google Books, Overdrive), plus serious YouTube viewing
    3. Pixel 2 XL for all calls (doh!), Gmail, SMS/MMS, WhatsApp, Tapatalk & Hermit for all tech reading, and occasional YouTube viewing. All music streaming takes place here too. Also for work - navigation, mileage tracking, route planning, inventory tracking, etc
    10-01-2018 10:22 AM
44 12