Presidential Alert!

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
US officials just ran a big test of an emergency system that uses your cell phone.

AT 2:18 PM your phone buzzed and beeped loudly and your screen said:
"Presidential Alert"
"THIS IS A TEST of the National Wireless Emergency Alert System. No action is needed."

mweeks3

Oct 3, 2018
Visit site
US officials just ran a big test of an emergency system that uses your cell phone.

AT 2:18 PM your phone buzzed and beeped loudly and your screen said:
"Presidential Alert"
"THIS IS A TEST of the National Wireless Emergency Alert System. No action is needed."

Last edited:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I got it twice for some reason. Sorry, someone else already claimed the second one as my getting it instead of them...

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I got it on my S8 on AT&T. But, only got the on-screen pop-up. No sound at all. Everyone else in my office had their phones go off.

I don't use the default messaging app on my S8, I use Textra. Somehow, the emergency alert goes through messaging and it passes to Textra, but somehow it doesn't pick up the alert sound it's supposed to make.

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I got it promptly at 18 minutes after the hour on my P2 ... my husband's iPhone alerted about 15 seconds later, and I heard the alert on the radio at about 20 minutes after the hour.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I got it on my S8 on AT&T. But, only got the on-screen pop-up. No sound at all. Everyone else in my office had their phones go off.

I don't use the default messaging app on my S8, I use Textra. Somehow, the emergency alert goes through messaging and it passes to Textra, but somehow it doesn't pick up the alert sound it's supposed to make.
That doesn't sound correct... It should just be a notification just like when there's an Amber alert. Doesn't have anything to do with messaging apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital