Have I just been blind to this, or is it something new?

I just got a Gmail notification from IKEA about autumn somethingorothers, and the Gmail icon on my lock screen was pumpkin colored instead of white and there were two lil orangey leaves in the text of the notification.

If I'm just catching up to old news, then someone with the power should delete this post/thread.
    10-04-2018 01:24 PM
    I've been seeing that recently too; teal or the pumpkin color, etc.
    10-04-2018 01:44 PM
    Pics, or it didn't happen.
    10-04-2018 04:32 PM
    Pics, or it didn't happen.
    Yeah. First time I saw it, I said, "Oooo. I should get a screen shot of this," and pressed the power button thinking the menu with the screen shot option would pop up. How soon we forget.

I've been seeing that recently too; teal or the pumpkin color, etc.
    Does it come along with the dark theme in the Google app? Cuz that showed up today, too.
    & it's purty!!
    Itsa_Me_Mario likes this.
    10-04-2018 06:06 PM
    Yeah. First time I saw it, I said, "Oooo. I should get a screen shot of this," and pressed the power button thinking the menu with the screen shot option would pop up. How soon we forget.
    I am on Pie and have the screenshot option on long press of power button, but I've not tried it on the lockscreen.

I have not seen colored notifications, on the lockscreen, tho Google Play's status bar notification seems to take on the color of the album art of the song playing.

ETA, screenshot is an option when long passing the power button, but that gets rid of the AOD /Ambient Screen.
    10-04-2018 08:12 PM
    I don't like the colored icons on the lock screen as I can't see them as well. Some of them are dark blue against the black screen and I can barely tell they are there. I'm trying to figure out how to disable them
    02-03-2019 10:22 PM