My Pixel 2 will not connect to any computers via USB. Also the headphone dongle still doesn't work.

Charging works fine - on chargers and on USB ports.

But the phone will not recognize anything else plugged in & connected to the USB C port. I don't get the USB notification drop down and nothing shows up under connected devices. The phone just starts charging & all USB options are greyed out.

Every once is a while the dongle will at least give me the drop down notification, but you can't do anything with it. It still thinks it's charging only.

I have USB debugging on, and a have Data Transfer set as the default USB preference.

On Pie.

I've tried 3 different laptops and all of their ports, 2 different USB-A to USB-C cables. One of them is definitely a 2.0 which I've read the Pixel requires (they don't like 3.0 usb ports apparently)

Any help would be appreciated

Edit: the below shot is what I see when the dongle actually gives me a notification. Usually everything is grey.

Also, the phone doesn't show up on the laptops at all. Windows 10. If I reboot the phone while connected to the computer, I get a message saying that the USB device malfunctioned.
    Attached Thumbnails No USB connections besides charging-15235.jpg  
    10-07-2018 09:34 AM
    It could be either the cable or the port itself that;s bad. Try a different cable. (All C cables are the same, so borrow one from a friend who has a phone with a C connector.) If a working (on your friend's phone) doesn't work, the port will have to be changed. The phone most likely is still under warranty, so it should be covered - call them.
    10-07-2018 12:40 PM
    I've already tried 2 cables (1 from an LG V30 and 1 brand new from Office Depot) and 3 different lap tops. Finding another phone with a type C port is a good idea
    10-07-2018 12:56 PM
    Have you already made sure the phone's port is clean? Blow it out with a can of compressed air, and clean the contacts with a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol.
    10-07-2018 03:11 PM
    Yeah, forgot to mention that in this thread.... I did pull out some gunk from the port, appears to be clean now... No difference.
    10-07-2018 03:16 PM
    After physically removing said gunk, did you also clean the contacts? It's possible that gunk might have left some residue on the USB-C port's contacts, interfering with the data transfer function.
    10-07-2018 04:17 PM
    Yeah, after I saw the dirt/lint, I went back and also cleaned all of the cables
    10-07-2018 04:20 PM
    I believe that they're all talking about cleaning the USB C port on the phone. With the phone turned off you could try a toothbrush with some electronic contact cleaner (spray the contact cleaner on the toothbrush, not in the USB C port).
    If that doesn't work then Google support is your next stop.
    10-07-2018 05:27 PM
    Port and cables all cleaned
    10-07-2018 05:35 PM
    I've really been holding off from a factory reset, just hate setting everything back up afterwards....but I might as well do it b/c Google / Verizon are both going to make me try it before moving forward on a replacement, right?
    10-09-2018 11:19 AM
    yup and u need to. do it to return it anyway
    10-09-2018 11:25 AM