So, why aren't you getting the 3/3 XL?

toiday

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Pixel 2 is still good. I believe Pixel 4 will have on screen fingerprint sensor.

While single lens camera on Pixel 2 still better than others, I still want a 2x lens for optical zoom. I wouldn't have to bring my Sony RX100 if the Pixel has 2x lens.

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
All the useful features specific to the P3 launch are coming to P2 via software updates after a period of time. I would like not having to use an adapter for wireless charging but that alone isn't worth the price.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Tied to a 2 year contract and my P2 XL is working perfectly. Can't afford to upgrade phone and to me the updates are not worth the extra money anyway. I am holding out for the P4 and improvements from the HTC team working on it. Hoping for no notch.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a Pixel 2 that meets all my requirements. Still performans and looks like a new phone. Also have over a year left on the 2 year warranty. The overall upgrade just isn't significant enough to spend $800+ on a Pixel 3.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Google just announced new phones and started taking orders. Why aren't you upgrading?
Pixel 3 has a great camera app and quick updates. If it had more ram, 512gb, bigger battery, hdmi out or even LED notifications I would absolutely buy it. Any ONE of those features would convince me. Love the camera but it's not enough.

dekesask

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I am still very happy with my 2xl. My girl still loves her 2 (doesn't care about the bezels!) I don't think there is quite enough to justify an upgrade yet, maybe if I had the pixel 1. I also never had the screen issues that I noticed anyway.

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I have 14 months left on my 2 year Verizon contract, my phone is working perfectly and is meeting all my requirements ... I can't in all honesty give a good reason to pay a whole ton extra for a new phone right now. That's not to say that I wouldn't LOVE to GET a new phone! I can't justify it, that's all.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
As the song goes 'Money, money, money - MONEY!'
I also have another 14 months to go to receive full credit from Verizon (that $300 billing credit).
My Pixel 2 XL is still a great device.
I have much more use for a telephoto lens along with the main camera than I do for a wide angle selfie option.
Doesn't appear to be an outstanding jump in hardware specs, or really anything special that I 'need'.

cyndie1030

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
1) They got rid of the notification LED
2) Everything I saw that I thought WOW are coming to the older Pixels
3) Still have 1 year warranty left on P2 and 2 more years of updates
4) Not enough of a trade in and too high a price for the P3

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Don't care for the gesturing with no buttons option. Don't care for the price. My P2 still operates like it's brand new. For me personally updating would be silly, not at all necessary, so why do it as I have no problem with using my P2 for at least another year. The new cam on the P3's does not entice me either, the P2 cam is awesome. Selfies are not my thing either so thats not enticing. All the complaints I hear around the web regarding the notch and the price increase makes me a tad concerned about sales and whether the pixel line will continue, Time will tell.
If there is a P4 I'd be interested to see what it's like. I may even pick up a brand new P2 at a later date on the cheap just to have a good backup device.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Premium price for a device that has compromises. 4gb of ram, smaller battery, ridiculous notch. From early reviews the battery life is good but not great.

Other than the fast updates that break functionality from time to time, I don't see the appeal of a pixel device with an asking price so high.

Mezzanine7

Jun 22, 2018
Visit site
The cost is simply to high for a phone that isn't game changing(in my opinion) or ground breaking. I could change, but I just don't have a compelling reason to. my phone is in near perfect shape, Has an IR blaster, hdmi out, and more features that I use on a routine basis that the Pixel doesn't have.

sure it's a great phone though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith