SMS and MMS (Sprint) refusing to transfer Pixel 2XL to another Pixel 2XL or to computer.

GoodLife4U

Oct 17, 2018
Visit site
My original Pixel2 XL had problems, so Google replaced it with a refurbished one. I transfered data to refurbished one as directed, and for a month tried unsuccessfully to get the problems with the refurbished phone resolved. After going back to my original phone, and before returning the refurbished, I discovered there is the one month of using the refurbished phone when the SMS and MMS refuses to back up. NUMEROUS Google support and Sprint (my carrier) support unable to solve. Tried SMS Backup + and it will save all my texts except for that one month. The data is VERY important and I would like it displayed within the text messages app on my original phone, if possible. Or saved to my email is second best option. Tried cable to cable, Google cloud, Bluetooth, the NSF? app like ShareIt,even Verison app. Tried phone to phone, phone to computer. Both phone's systems are up to date. I do NOT want to wipe out my original phone's data and do another data transfer since not only SMS & MMS, but other stuf didn't transfer the first time, so I'd lose that. Any suggestions?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You were originally using the Android Messages app? Or the Verizon Message+ application?
Both of those claim to backup your most recent messages (30 days?). Have you tried just doing a Factory Reset on whichever phone doesn't have these important messages and then let setup restore your stuff and see if it's there?
Anyway, odd that SMS Backup & Restore Pro https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestorePro doesn't work - I've used that faithfully for years and it's been reliable.

GoodLife4U

Oct 17, 2018
Visit site
I was using the Android Messages app originally. Just experimented with the Verison app as last ditch effort, but no go. I wish I could do a factory reset, but Level 3 Google support said not to because the refurbished phone with the important data is not working right on several unsolved issues. Actually both phones have issues - The original phone also has SMS and MMS data that did not transfer to the replacement/refurbished phone. So there's a gap in both of them. Support thought if I could backup each phone separately and successfully, then i could Factory Reset and restore to the original, which has more functioning parts and later get that replaced.
My goal is to keep the MMS content and SMS Backup & Restore Pro doesn't include MMS. Buth thanks for the suggestion.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
My goal is to keep the MMS content and SMS Backup & Restore Pro doesn't include MMS.
I'll have to disagree with your statement - not only does the Description in the Google Play Store note that it backs up and restores MMS but I've been using it for years and it does that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12