Cancel VR in Camera

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the Pixel 3 panorama mode on my Pixel 2. It's a nightmare. Most of my panoramas are distorted and when they're not there is a notice about VR when I try to edit.

I don't care about VR or video or motion. I just want panorama photos.

Any suggestions?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The obvious answer would be to use the original Pixel 2 camera app. If that has worked for you in the past what is the problem?

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
There are other features in the Pixel 3 that I like, not the least of which is a much better user interface. I suppose why isn't important to you but there it is.

Edit: Update
I was trying other modes and the "Photo Sphere" is, for me, easy to use and gets a good panorama shot. I still haven't figured out "Panorama" mode.

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It looks like you're in luck - Google has updated the Pixel 2 Camera application to utilize the same UI as what is (apparently) used on the Pixel 3. I say 'apparently' since I haven't tried that app.

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I was just going to say that I used my camera this morning, and the whole thing looked "different" ... I didn't have time to explore it. I was wondering if they updated the older Pixels to have as many of the goodies as the P3, or if that is still coming in an update?

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
My nephew has my original Pixel and he stopped by yesterday and showed me the new interface. We didn't have time to check features but he had the handy zoom, I think.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown