I lost all my data automatically on my pixel 2 running the latest version of Android

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I unlocked my Google pixel 2 only to see all my photos had been deleted as if backed up on your to notice they weren't available in my photos cloud storage and later realized all other contents on my phone has been deleted with no traces of a backup file.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I assume you mean that you unlocked the Bootloader on your device? That automatically involves a Factory Reset so it would be expected that it wiped everything off your phone.
Before you unlocked it did you verify that all of your account data had been synced with Google? If so, following the Factory Reset, when you setup the device all of your contacts should have been restored. You won't find any pictures on the local storage but they should all be in the Photos app (assuming that you use that, and that you make sure it's regularly backed up).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You posted more than 24 hours after the OP posted - that usually means that he expected an immediate answer, didn't get one, so he went elsewhere looking for an answer and won't be back.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I lost my phone and I erased It's data by using find my device app.later I get my phone again and How I restore my data
Assuming that your phone is usually synced with your Google account you should be able to perform a regular setup and have all of the normal data (Contacts, Gmail, Photos) restored.
Of course the Photos will all be in the cloud so if there's a reason that you need some particular picture local you'll have to download back to your phone.
Your SMS/MMS is a crapshoot; some of that may be restored, along with some of your Call Logs.
And any applications that store data in the cloud will be back to normal; everything else will be like new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress