Camera update?

Fisherguy 01

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I've heard about the new Pixel 3 camera app but I haven't really looked into it too much.
It looks like my camera app was updated though, looks different and I really DO NOT like the new panorama mode.
Anyone else noticed this update?

Michael Detwiler

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I've heard about the new Pixel 3 camera app but I haven't really looked into it too much.
It looks like my camera app was updated though, looks different and I really DO NOT like the new panorama mode.
Anyone else noticed this update?
I am still trying to figure out how to make the new pano mode work better. It is a pain. Almost like it was only built for VR.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I like everything about the new Google Camera App except the panorama. I used panorama mode frequently on the old app.

I downloaded the Pixel 3 app and didn't notice it added another icon that looks exactly like the old icon but isn't. One has Night Sight and the other doesn't.

Fisherguy 01

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I agree. I like everything about the new Google Camera App except the panorama. I used panorama mode frequently on the old app.

I downloaded the Pixel 3 app and didn't notice it added another icon that looks exactly like the old icon but isn't. One has Night Sight and the other doesn't.

Is the panorama mode as bad with the pixel 3 app and where did you get the 3 app?

Used to love doing panoramas on this phone, one of it's best features but now it's just frustrating.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Is the panorama mode as bad with the pixel 3 app and where did you get the 3 app?

Used to love doing panoramas on this phone, one of it's best features but now it's just frustrating.

I downloaded the APK when it was first up. Shortly after, my ne0hew's Pixel Original had it, too. I agre the new panorama is frustrating. As you move the camera, if you don't keep it exactly vertical you get horrible distortion. I wish VR wasn't even there.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
OK, assuming I have the new pixel 3 camera app, where is this "night sight" I've hear about?

Go to "More" on the far right of the selections. Click. There it is...if you have the proper app. I have it on "CameraP3" and the version is:

Fisherguy 01

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
ok, guess I don't have it then,this is what I see when I click MORE:

{wth, how do I post a pic with this android central app?}

Michael Detwiler

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Old panorama was easy, push the shutter to start the pic, turn your phone, push again to finish the pic.
This new one is a POS IMO.
I tested it and it works. No probs and I have the new camera on my P2XL. None of the blurriness shows up on the actual picture.
2ae620cca4a184e386e45774feccb5c9.jpg

Fisherguy 01

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
No, the new panorama mode SUCKS!
Is there a way to turn off the VR or something?

No matter how careful I am keeping the phone perfectly level I always end up with a curved horizon.

Attachments

• 34667.jpg
    34667.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 141

Fisherguy 01

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
OK, so I put the new P3 apk on and noticed with BOTH camera apps when I go to MORE and choose PHOTOSPHERE I get the old panorama mode again. HOORAY, all is right in the world again! :)

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I honestly don't see the issue with the front panorama mode. I just took 2 photos and both came out with no transition lines. Yeah, while you take it it's hard to keep it in line but once it processes the photo it cleans it up.
21db04055f3a1897fbe8062bd24099e9.jpg