November Security Update

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this update negatively affected my battery life. Might just be the election results. lol.

Edit: Yep I think my battery life is less. No big impact yet

Last edited:

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
I believe it was reddit where I saw that the if the Messages app is set to dark mode the notifications area stays dark. Try changing the Messages theme.

Yep, that does it. Changed Messages to light and now quick settings pull-down, feed, and app drawer are all light.

TenTuTego

Jan 11, 2018
Visit site
What sot are you guys getting? I get about 4h or less. Not really impressed and thought about rma as I get 3h quite often.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
What sot are you guys getting? I get about 4h or less. Not really impressed and thought about rma as I get 3h quite often.
I never get very high SOT. I have an hour and a half since my full charge after lunch and I'm sitting at 59%. Now to be fair I do a lot of audio streaming, podcasts, music & radio so that always effects my SOT but it's never been great especially on this phone. I've always had about a 2% per hour drain on standby on every version of Oreo and Pie. Turning off adaptive battery has actually helped a touch as the phone feels smoother and I've manually restricted background battery use on a few apps that I don't want running all the time.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Haven't paid attention to sot, but I can say, without any hesitation, that they addressed a ton of performance issues. I was getting a lot of episodes of lag and momentary freezing in the Oct build... Especially opening the camera and coming out of lock.

A week into the Nov, it's been running extremely smooth again.

bonnie100th

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
Not sure if this update negatively affected my battery life. Might just be the election results. lol.

Edit: Yep I think my battery life is less. No big impact yet

Yep, you are right, my battery life went down dramatically after this update. No new apps or a different use, I have to recharge at the end of the day now. Prior I had 2 full days in one charge. Lets wait for the next updates.

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Battery has substantially decreased. But not affecting my day much.
00c66b7e77cae5e3f8379ffd06b78dde.jpg