If you had both, which would you sell? Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL (I know this is an unusual predicament)

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I know. Why do I have both phones? It's a story, didn't get them at the same time. Fact is, I have both. Definitely didn't regret it when I had to do some travel in difficult areas.

I want to keep one and sell one. I would buy a Pixel 3. It's important for me to have a backup phone so that's why I want to keep one of the 2's.

The only logic I can think of is sell the XL because I would get a little more money and I can keep the 2 as a backup small phone. However, this leaves me with 2 small phones.

Do you guys see any reason to keep a larger phone other than personal preference? Is there something I'm missing when it comes to keeping the XL?

Just thought I would toss this out to the Android faithful to see if the collective points out anything I am not thinking about. Thanks!

joe01880

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I'd get rid of the small one
How can someone else tell you which phone YOU should keep, seriously man? Keep the one you like.
That was easy wasn't it?
Like um both? Keep the one you like best, it's getting easier...
Love um both? You'll probably get more for the P2XL..
Can't decide? I have a P2XL, give ME the P2 to try out for a while and I'll let you know which one I like best...

Michael Detwiler

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I know. Why do I have both phones? It's a story, didn't get them at the same time. Fact is, I have both. Definitely didn't regret it when I had to do some travel in difficult areas.

I want to keep one and sell one. I would buy a Pixel 3. It's important for me to have a backup phone so that's why I want to keep one of the 2's.

The only logic I can think of is sell the XL because I would get a little more money and I can keep the 2 as a backup small phone. However, this leaves me with 2 small phones.

Do you guys see any reason to keep a larger phone other than personal preference? Is there something I'm missing when it comes to keeping the XL?

Just thought I would toss this out to the Android faithful to see if the collective points out anything I am not thinking about. Thanks!
Do you plan on using the 2 or 2xl for any reason in future? If so, keep XL...if not, sell XL. Definitely brings more money.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
How can someone else tell you which phone YOU should keep, seriously man? Keep the one you like.
That was easy wasn't it?
Like um both? Keep the one you like best, it's getting easier...
Love um both? You'll probably get more for the P2XL..
Can't decide? I have a P2XL, give ME the P2 to try out for a while and I'll let you know which one I like best...

I like them both. I'm neutral. So, I wondered if anyone had an unsual reason why one over the other.

Do you plan on using the 2 or 2xl for any reason in future? If so, keep XL...if not, sell XL. Definitely brings more money.

I think the "more money" argument is the way to go. I thought somoene might say - oh you could use the XL for this or that. I'll see if anyone comes up with anything else.

I wasn't expecting any deep insight but, you never know when you tap a larger audience.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

In don't like small phones so if it's me talking I'd keep the 2XL and buy a 3XL. Having said that I would only keep the 3XL. I have other backup phones.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I currently have both the Pixel 2 XL and the Pixel 2. I'm using the XL as my primary phone but I'd probably keep just the smaller Pixel 2 if I only needed one as a backup. The XL has higher resale value and the bigger higher resolution screen and better battery life are less important for a backup phone.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I currently have both the Pixel 2 XL and the Pixel 2. I'm using the XL as my primary phone but I'd probably keep just the smaller Pixel 2 if I only needed one as a backup. The XL has higher resale value and the bigger higher resolution screen and better battery life are less important for a backup phone.

Good points. It's just a backup phone. I think I am going to keep the smaller one. Now, I have to see if I will actually buy the 3. I need to go back to Best Buy and check it out. Hold it.

Thanks all!

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So, did you go check out the 3? I'm going to have to go this weekend.

So.... I think I went throuh all the stages of gri.... phone addiction. At some point after this discussion, I held my Pixel 2 against my Pixel 2 XL and thought, "I guess the size difference isn't that great." Then, I walked around my house for a while with the Pixel 2 in one pocket and the XL in the other.

I convinced myself I don't need to switch phones. (or I shouldn't)

Then, I am at lunch today with an old friend. She voluntarily tells me her Nextbit Robin (stop and soak that in)... is slow and messed up. With no regard for the conviction above, I mentioned the BOGO offer and said I might be interested in going in on one.

She plans to go to Best Buy on Saturday to handle the Pixel 3.

To be continued...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith