Need help fast Pixel 2XL.

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi This morning my Pixel 2 XL won't charge for some reason (pixel charger) and I googled it and found out a lot of people have this problem and I tried with different charger everytime the phone is turn off but charge (normal speed) so I have to restart the phone again.

I contact google support and they said the phone is under warranty and they will exchange my device so It's sound OK but my Pixel XL I have is the one that good screen with no blue tint at all .. I think if I exchange to new unit I might got the one that blue tint screen.

Should I exchange the phone? Is the replacement phone is used?

Thanks.

markryb

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
you obviously have a defective phone . Life is a gamble, you will probably get a refurbished unit (may or may not have the blue tint)
mine had slight blue tint (never bothers me, phone is otherwise flawless)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you get one with the blue screen, call them back and ask for another one. (I went through 4 for one problem.) And when you call, ask if they can please send the replacement first. That way you can connect the phones during setup (that's what that little white connector thing is for) and transfer everything from the old phone to the new phone. (And once that process starts, you continue on with the setup, but leave the phones connected - depending on how much you have on your phone, it could take over an hour to do the full transfer, but it happens in the background, so you can still use the phone, It will tell you when it's done.) They'll put a hold on your credit or debit card for the price of the phone until they get the bad one back. (They won't charge you, just put a hold on the price.)

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Is cable plugging completely in? I was having an issue with my charger not bring able to plug in all the way which make the connection super finicky. Turned out pocket lint had just gotten trapped in there. Got it all cleaned out and problem gone. Went ahead and ordered summer usb-c dust that I use during the day.

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Still thinking..

If you googled "Pixel 2 XL won't charge" you see a lot of people had this problem on Reddit or XDA.

Funny that OEM charger (I have 2) work with other devices but no longer work with my pixel ... I can fast charge my phone but I have to turn off my phone first and used USB C hub and power on my phone and the phone fast charge with no problem ( I have to turn off first because if you used 3rd party cable the phone when the phone still on the phone will automatically turn off)

I feel like I can deal with it ..I love my 2XL Battery is great...No blue tint screen.. Refurbished phone is like lottery sometimes you get good one sometimes not and I can't wait 15 days to get replacement phone...

Google already sent me the label for shipping ..I have 14 days to decide..IMG_20181122_093019.jpeg

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Is cable plugging completely in? I was having an issue with my charger not bring able to plug in all the way which make the connection super finicky. Turned out pocket lint had just gotten trapped in there. Got it all cleaned out and problem gone. Went ahead and ordered summer usb-c dust that I use during the day.

Putting the phone in a new case can cause this also. Sometimes the cutout on a case will interfere with some USB-C plugs, not allowing them to fully seat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles