Wondering where your Call Screening is?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you have a Pixel 2 or original Pixel and haven't noticed that Call Screening is working yet on your phone, it might be that it hasn't been activated yet. Even though the service doesn't require wi-fi, activation of it does, for unclear reasons (and I often keep wi-fi off, since I have unlimited data on T-Mobile, with great speeds at home). But even after I turned on wi-fi, it didn't seem to become available immediately -- I only noticed the "Activating" message go away after I went through the little tutorial (by tapping See a Demo).

Screenshot_20181201-092246.jpg

toiday

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Don't need WiFi and don't need to activate. It just available by itself. I just noticed it when someone called me the other day.

I feel I got more scam calls after using screening. I think the robo call machine can't tell I was using Google screening and thought I actually answer the call then hang-up. That trigger them to send more calls to my number.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You might not have noticed about the wi-fi activation if you normally have wi-fi on. As I mentioned, mine wasn't activated until I turned on wi-fi (as evidenced by the screenshot). I guess watching the demo wasn't necessary, but having wi-fi on certainly seemed to be.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci