Why does my Pixel 2 volume randomly turn down when I get a notification?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Pixel 2 phone. Many times (but not always!) when I get a push notification or a text, the volume will either drop almost to zero (e.g., if I am listening to music), and/or it will switch to vibrate mode. There doesn't seem to be any direct cause (for example, it does not happen with all push notifications or all text messages, and it doesn't only happen with wireless earbuds or while on speaker). That's why its so frustrating!

Any ideas?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Never happened on mine - it could be an app you're running. Restart in safe mode (long-press power button, then long-press restart) and see if it still happens. If not, it's an app you've installed. (Then comes the headache of figuring out which one it was.) if it still happens, call Google customer service. (If they want to replace the phone, choose the "they send first, you return yours after" way if you can afford to have the charge pending on your card - that way, you can transfer everything from the old phone to the new one [that's what that little white adapter is for].)

And remember to wipe your phone, including your Google account, before you send it back.

Luvs2Spooge

May 15, 2019
Visit site
Not sure if you're aware but you have described a known hardware issue & Google has extended the Pixel 2 warranty by a year because of this issue. I am currently awaiting the arrival of my RMA Pixel 2 XL. ****BE WARNED**** they take their sweet *** time, especially by email. 44 emails(5 with screenshots of proof of purchase, build number, etc) and 1 RAGE email later I got my shipping labels. Holla at Google Support & get that device replaced while ya can!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX