I have a Pixel 2 phone. Many times (but not always!) when I get a push notification or a text, the volume will either drop almost to zero (e.g., if I am listening to music), and/or it will switch to vibrate mode. There doesn't seem to be any direct cause (for example, it does not happen with all push notifications or all text messages, and it doesn't only happen with wireless earbuds or while on speaker). That's why its so frustrating!

Any ideas?
    12-05-2018 10:06 AM
    Never happened on mine - it could be an app you're running. Restart in safe mode (long-press power button, then long-press restart) and see if it still happens. If not, it's an app you've installed. (Then comes the headache of figuring out which one it was.) if it still happens, call Google customer service. (If they want to replace the phone, choose the "they send first, you return yours after" way if you can afford to have the charge pending on your card - that way, you can transfer everything from the old phone to the new one [that's what that little white adapter is for].)

And remember to wipe your phone, including your Google account, before you send it back.
    12-05-2018 02:54 PM