I really like the 2 XL I purchased from Google recently. However, I've had a heck of a time connecting via USB C or A for file transfer to my 2018 Mac Mini running the latest MAC OS.

The device would connect maybe one out of 10 or so tries if I was lucky. Very frustrating.

After plenty of research I tried uninstalling DropBox and Voilà repeated success.

Maybe this will help someone in the same position I found myself in.

I'd like to hear other solutions that keep DropBox installed if there are any.
    12-06-2018 04:48 PM
    Why did you think to uninstall DropBox? Have you had problems with it before?
    12-08-2018 11:58 PM
    Why did you think to uninstall DropBox? Have you had problems with it before?
    No, not until I bought the Pixel and began using Android file transfer. Someone had posted that peculiar work a round on a blog or forum so obscure to me that I can't recall the source. I did discover that syncing issues with a Pixel and Mac OS are more common than I thought.

This also leads me to believe that IF DropBox and/or MAC OS not playing nicely is the culprit, then this particular issue is out of Google's hands to fix. Just my own 2cents..

I use a Windows 10 laptop for projects where a Mac won't do, and syncing the Pixel via USB is not an issue.
    12-09-2018 06:58 AM