Can't decide between 2xl and 3xl

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have both the pixel 2xl and 3 xl
still love my 2 xl
but the pixel 3 xl has bigger and better screen,stero speakers,ip rating, wireless charging, support more bands,better processor.
but if you like save little money definitely 2xl won't disappoint. good luck with your purchase

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not really points in favor of one over the other, the 2 XL has both of these...

Well the ip rating is slightly better on the 3 not really big deal but still a difference but the speaker is louder and better. Now are these 2 difference going make you go from one or the other phone probably not but if you add them all could sway you to the 3 . Camera wise the same except the wide angle selfie on the 3 which is nothing to choose one or the other. Both phones are close but I think the 3 got little better upgrade you could appreciate. But I cant part with my 2xl that's why I still have it .

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I am happy with my Pixel 2, especially since Google made most, but not all, of th software advances on the Pixel 3 available for the Pixel 2. If I couldn't afford the Pixel 3 I wouldn't be upset but I can so I'll be getting it Sunday. Why? For me? Same size phone with a larger screen. Improved digital zoom. Faster processor. There are a few software advantages to the Pixel 3 but I'm not sure how much difference those will make for me.

There are a lot of comparison videos of cameras on the Pixel 2 vs. Pixel 3 and you can search and find those if you're interested. For me, the two devices give different results, both are very good, and which you prefer is up to you.

This is a very personal opinion. For example, I'm mostly deaf so I receive zero phone calls on my cell phone. I make calls only from home where I can use my Bluetooth over the ear headphones. I don't hear well either. i'm old and worn. That said, in my opinion, those who say there is no difference are being dishonest. If it worth the price difference? That's up to you.

Last edited:

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
That said, in my opinion, those who say there is no difference are being dishonest. If it worth the price difference? That's up to you.

↑ this.

I have both, pixel 2 xl and 3 xl. Enjoy using pixel 3 xl much much more. It is worth upgrading from 2 xl or buying 3 xl vs 2 xl? Well, ptkelly already to you, it's up to you

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
↑ this.

I have both, pixel 2 xl and 3 xl. Enjoy using pixel 3 xl much much more. It is worth upgrading from 2 xl or buying 3 xl vs 2 xl? Well, ptkelly already to you, it's up to you

Wait, I've seen you talk about having both the OP6T and Pixel 2 XL. Now you have the Pixel 3 XL too? Lol, I thought I was bad haha

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Wait, I've seen you talk about having both the OP6T and Pixel 2 XL. Now you have the Pixel 3 XL too? Lol, I thought I was bad haha
Ssshhhhhhhh. I now have all 3 of them. Not sure how all that happened. It's becoming pretty bad. Glad I sold my Note 9 lol

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
If you HAD to choose just one phone, which would it be and why? Go!
Pixel 3 XL 100%

I was never able to make a decision between 2 xl and 6T but with 3 xl coming into the picture, it is the most obvious choice.

I have 2 kids, and Camera is priority number 1. Pixel 3 xl can't be beat in that category and it does so much more. I don't believe anyone can argue that pixel 3 xl is superior to 6T and 2 xl. The question is, are you willing to pay up the premium cost for that.

I'll be selling my like brand new 128gb Panda 2 XL this weekend and keeping 3 xl and 6t because I do have 2 lines.

Last edited:

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Pixel 3 XL 100%

I was never able to make a decision between 2 xl and 6T but with 3 xl coming into the picture, it is the most obvious choice.

I have 2 kids, and Camera is priority number 1. Pixel 3 xl can't be beat in that category and it does so much more. I don't believe anyone can argue that pixel 3 xl is superior to 6T and 2 xl. The question is, are you willing to pay up the premium cost for that.

I'll be selling my like brand new 128gb Panda 2 XL this weekend and keeping 3 xl and 6t because I do have 2 lines.
Is the camera difference between the 2 and 3 that noticable to you?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Is the camera difference between the 2 and 3 that noticable to you?
In some situations it is. Portrait mode noticeably better and some night shots come out better on 3 xl. Is that worth paying full price for pixel 3 xl. No I don't think so. The only reason I bought one is because I landed an great deal on Craigslist . No way I was going to pay $900 plus taxes to upgrade from pixel 2 xl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy