Phone crashes on camera start.

btrotta

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Turned on my Pixel 2 XL this morning and everything seemed to be working normally until I tried to take a picture.

The camera app started up, but quickly froze and then caused the entire phone to reboot.

After the reboot, the camera app won't even fully start before the phone crashes and reboots.

Anyone else see anything like this before?

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Go into Settings>Apps and look for your camera app. Once there, click on storage and clear the cache and reboot. I never experienced that on my 2XL, so I don't really have any other suggestion. Hope that works.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
After clearing Cache, and before Force stop, also clear Data (just be sure the Photos app shows all of your pictures backed up.
If none of that pans out reboot into Safe mode and see what happens. If it still fails it's time to contact Google Support for a replacement.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
After clearing Cache, and before Force stop, also clear Data (just be sure the Photos app shows all of your pictures backed up.
If none of that pans out reboot into Safe mode and see what happens. If it still fails it's time to contact Google Support for a replacement.

Or try factory reset if all else fails.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That is a strange problem to have, indeed! Any update on your situation, OP? Just out of curiosity, does this also occur under Safe Mode? Maybe there's a rogue app causing the phone to crash.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon