Google Pixel 2 XL buzzing/crackling speakers.

Jash777

Sep 1, 2018
Visit site
Hi, month ago i bought Pixel 2 XL. Previously i have had Pixel 2 for about 14 months. I sold Pixel 2 because after the time beceame to small. So after one month both speakers starts crackling with calling and listening music from YT.
Here is an example:
https://youtu.be/eNh_S5C6C0o
First phone is Xiaomi Mi A2 and second is Pixel 2 XL (three times more expensive than Xiaomi).
Xiaomi sounds clear but Pixel 2 XL is crackling, buzzzing...with calling and listening music from YouTube.
I tried the method from XDA - i turned of Music FX and instaled Equalizer FX Pro from Play Store.
It helps a little bit but only with YT, calls still makes me crazy. What to do with this issue?

usedtolovephones

Jun 14, 2018
Visit site
I had this issue too. Went through various threads. Tried the following and it fixed it.

It's basically dust stuck between the grill and the drivers.

So, this is what you need to do.

1. Get a cotton bud. The one you use to clean your ears.
2. Soak it in water for like half a second.
3. Let it dry a bit. It shouldn't be soaking wet.
4. Clean both grills.

Here's the tricky part.

5. You need to apply some force while doing it. Apply force evenly back and forth. Start gently, use your common sense and apply only a little force first and then go up till you can.

Again, the cotton bud shouldn't be soaking wet or dripping. It should be just wet enough to sweep along.

6. Do it for half a minute, with force.
7. When done, use another cotton bud, dry this time, and repeat for about 10 seconds. Just to absorb the moisture.

Now play some sounds and see if it helped.

Note: the grills are a bit delicate. Please start with little force first and then go up gently.

Lastly, the crackling might come back after a while as dust keeps going in. I broke my phone and had to replace the whole first panel. I saw how much dust was gathered when the screen was removed. Before applying the new screen I cleaned it thoroughly and the crackling is completely gone. So it's definitely dust.

Best of luck and let me know if it helped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad