Just wondered if anyone can explain the high Google % from such little use on my pixel 2. ( 12mins active use with no background activity = 30%!). This has been happening for a few days now and I'm seeing about an hour's decrease in my screen on time. I'm not doing anything different than before so I'm curious to know if anyone can shed some light on this. Have attached screenshot of battery usage. Battery draining (Google app)-screenshot_20190215-143037.jpeg
    02-15-2019 08:45 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you using Google's Podcasts app? When I tried it, I noticed that the battery usage attributed it to the Google app (and not a separate Google Podcasts app). That still wouldn't explain the disproportionate battery usage compared to time used.
    Dedlos likes this.
    02-15-2019 09:47 AM
    Thanks. Have never used google podcast app. What bugs me is that I'm not doing anything different to what I've always being doing. I'm still getting 4+ hours of screen time after over a year so i guess i can't really complain too much. It's just a bit odd and it would be good to understand how this might be happening. Cheers.
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you using Google's Podcasts app? When I tried it, I noticed that the battery usage attributed it to the Google app (and not a separate Google Podcasts app). That still wouldn't explain the disproportionate battery usage compared to time used.
    02-15-2019 11:14 AM
    It wouldn't hurt to clear the Google app's cache and data in Settings>Apps​, and see if the high usage continues.
    Dedlos likes this.
    02-15-2019 12:03 PM
    Have just cleared both and will charge up and see how it goes. Will let you know how it goes. Cheers.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-15-2019 12:30 PM
    It wouldn't hurt to clear the Google app's cache and data in Settings>Apps​, and see if the high usage continues.
    Thanks a lot! Google app is behaving itself again and all the percentages are looking sensible. Battery life back over 5 hours screen time. You've been a great help. Cheers :-)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-18-2019 06:27 AM
    Great! Let us know if the problem comes back, though.
    Dedlos likes this.
    02-18-2019 10:59 AM