screen staying on during call

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Hello all,

It seems lately that my phone screen stays on during a call. Is there a setting for this? Perhaps it is the proximity sensor malfunctioning; is there an app to test this?

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. And I broke my own first rule of it doesn't work properly what do I do before asking someone for help. I didn't reboot. Which I have done. Which resolved the problem.
But I am happy to have the code for hardware check. Thank you @Tim1954

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
A reboot and cache partition wipe solves most minor bugs. Best place to start I reckon! Glad your issue has been solved :)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Dial *#0*# and that should get you into service mode, you can test hardware there...
and cache partition wipe solves most minor bugs.
Those might all be great suggestions - but they don't apply here. Perhaps the Dialer code is carrier-specific but it certainly doesn't work on Verizon.
And there is no cache partition on this device; there hasn't been a cache partition on any device using the A/B partition scheme.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. And I broke my own first rule of it doesn't work properly what do I do before asking someone for help. I didn't reboot. Which I have done. Which resolved the problem.
But I am happy to have the code for hardware check. Thank you @Tim1954

So glad everything is working well with your Pixel 2 now! I'd imagine that the screen staying on during a phone call would not only be inconvenient but also problematic!

Also, don't worry about breaking your rule! We're glad the reboot was the fix to the issue. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781