At first, I wrote it off as a fluke, but this has now happened for the second time within a few weeks: I plug the phone into the charger when I go to bed, and when I wake up in the morning, the battery display says 62% If I remember correctly, the first time it happened, it said 64%. I doubt the similar numbers are a coincidence. I would chalk this up to a bad battery were it not for the fact that on most nights, the battery does charge all the way.

Any ideas?
    02-16-2019 09:55 AM
    At first, I wrote it off as a fluke, but this has now happened for the second time within a few weeks: I plug the phone into the charger when I go to bed, and when I wake up in the morning, the battery display says 62% If I remember correctly, the first time it happened, it said 64%. I doubt the similar numbers are a coincidence. I would chalk this up to a bad battery were it not for the fact that on most nights, the battery does charge all the way.

Any ideas?
    Install Accu Battery ...it'll give you a behind the curtain look at your battery.
    02-16-2019 10:03 AM
    Keep us posted on what happens with your overnight charges. Does this issue persist in Safe Mode?
    02-16-2019 10:08 AM
    thank you for the suggestions. I have not tried either yet. I'll report back.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-16-2019 11:21 AM
    thank you for the suggestions. I have not tried either yet. I'll report back.
    No problem! Yes, please let us know what happens!
    02-16-2019 11:33 AM
    I'd rather try 3C Battery Widget for this.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ccc71.bmw

It allows you to view an accurate charging graph of what's going on. I'm not a fan of overnight charging, but this app would show you exactly when the slowdown/pause happens.
    02-16-2019 12:01 PM
    I have had this happen on a couple of occasions. Quite random. One morning upon waking and seeing the phone not charging I had to restart the device for charging to work again. Very odd.
    02-16-2019 12:02 PM
    This has also happened to me also with my P2, twice I've had it plugged in overnight to only find when I wake up the battery has only charged till 80% instead of the 60% the original poster stated

Could this be a software bug or a dying cell maybe?
    03-03-2019 06:16 PM
    This issue is beginning to make me scared! Hopefully we'll be able to find an answer to this issue soon.
    03-06-2019 02:24 PM
    This issue is beginning to make me scared!
    I wouldn't worry about it; none of these people that have complained about the problem have ever come back with any facts to backup their complaint: no AccuBattery (or other trusted application) data points; no Safe mode report; nothing to say that this is a repeatable problem that warrants a report to Google, much less a 'fix'.
    03-06-2019 04:26 PM
    In my case, it was a dirty charging port and the plug wasn't making a good connection, no issues once I cleaned it out with a tooth pick

Good luck
    Rick
    03-06-2019 05:27 PM
    I wouldn't worry about it; none of these people that have complained about the problem have ever come back with any facts to backup their complaint: no AccuBattery (or other trusted application) data points; no Safe mode report; nothing to say that this is a repeatable problem that warrants a report to Google, much less a 'fix'.
    Thank you! That definitely makes me feel better.
    03-07-2019 08:24 AM
    This issue is beginning to make me scared! Hopefully we'll be able to find an answer to this issue soon.
    Even if there is an issue, I'm sure it doesn't affect every device. Besides, you have a two year warranty.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-08-2019 10:46 PM
    Even if there is an issue, I'm sure it doesn't affect every device. Besides, you have a two year warranty.
    You do have a point! So far it's been nearly a year and my Pixel 2 has been working very well! So I'm happy with that. Can't part with this phone!
    03-09-2019 11:38 AM