Pixel 2 XL to Galaxy S10/10+. Anyone taking the plunge?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the 3XL and don't plan on getting the S10+

I was tempted to get it as a second phone but too many people having trouble with the FPS system.

I'm going to wait for the Pixel 4 and also see what the next Note looks like. I would normally not even look at Samsung but there new UI looks pretty nice. If only they had fast updates like Pixels.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I love the look of the S10 and have been tempted. BUT the camera isn't a patch on my P2XL, the updates and security patches on day one are not to be missed and I am looking forward to Android Q beta testing. I have an S7 Edge as a secondary phone and using Lucid Launcher it runs beautifully on Oreo 8.0 but it is still no Pixel.

So I am waiting for the Pixel 4 which will be my next upgrade. My P2XL will pass to my daughter who currently rocks my old iPhone 6s.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I love the look of the S10 and have been tempted. BUT the camera isn't a patch on my P2XL, the updates and security patches on day one are not to be missed and I am looking forward to Android Q beta testing. I have an S7 Edge as a secondary phone and using Lucid Launcher it runs beautifully on Oreo 8.0 but it is still no Pixel.

So I am waiting for the Pixel 4 which will be my next upgrade. My P2XL will pass to my daughter who currently rocks my old iPhone 6s.

I want to see what the next Note brings to the table but almost certainly I will be sporting a 4XL. My 2XL was and my 3XL has been trouble free.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The Note looks to be awesomeness. But I do think it will be the 4XL

Yeah.... Don't really want the Spen. I do like the new skin on the S10, just don't like the FPS at the moment and still don't like the idea of slower updates or Samsung service. Very happy with the way Google handles support even with my Pixelbook.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I want to see what the next Note brings to the table
UFS 3.0. Not really sure there's any other other feature on the horizon that would make the Note much of an improvement, unless perhaps they switch to a graphene-based battery.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Yeah.... Don't really want the Spen. I do like the new skin on the S10, just don't like the FPS at the moment and still don't like the idea of slower updates or Samsung service. Very happy with the way Google handles support even with my Pixelbook.
My pixelbook is a dream to use. Just love it

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
UFS 3.0. Not really sure there's any other other feature on the horizon that would make the Note much of an improvement, unless perhaps they switch to a graphene-based battery.

We don't yet for sure. Most likely getting the 4XL but will wait to see.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I honestly almost took the plunge on friday.

My 2xl is a great phone, still snappy after a yr and a half, still an all day battery, but lately Ive been having power button issues, and they look to be hardware related. I am due for a corporate upgrade now and the S10 just looked so, so tempting. But, I thought on it for a couple days, went to the store to check the S10 out and after all was said and done I just couldnt take the plunge. Too many things about what makes the pixel line good would be sacrificed for what would essentially be a fantastic screen upgrade and a Good but sometimes wonky fingerprint sensor upgrade.

Im just gonna wait for the Pixel 4 at this point. the 3xl is a fine phone but i never could get over the size of the notch and now that we are about half way through its first year cycle id rather just stick with what I have.

If my power button fails completely, i already have the 20 bucks worth of power button components in hand to open the phone up and replace them to make this phone last the next 7 months.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I honestly almost took the plunge on friday.

My 2xl is a great phone, still snappy after a yr and a half, still an all day battery, but lately Ive been having power button issues, and they look to be hardware related. I am due for a corporate upgrade now and the S10 just looked so, so tempting. But, I thought on it for a couple days, went to the store to check the S10 out and after all was said and done I just couldnt take the plunge. Too many things about what makes the pixel line good would be sacrificed for what would essentially be a fantastic screen upgrade and a Good but sometimes wonky fingerprint sensor upgrade.

Im just gonna wait for the Pixel 4 at this point. the 3xl is a fine phone but i never could get over the size of the notch and now that we are about half way through its first year cycle id rather just stick with what I have.

If my power button fails completely, i already have the 20 bucks worth of power button components in hand to open the phone up and replace them to make this phone last the next 7 months.

You're still under warranty but that probably means they would swap it for a refurb.