Was curious if anyone has been experiencing the same issue(s) as me after the March update. It's minor but still very annoying.....

When I unlock my phone, it unlocks just fine but the screen just shows my wallpaper and nothing else....no pill, clock icons...nothing. I then lock the phone and u lock again and all is normal.

The other issue is, when I double tap my phone to just wake it up to see my notifications the number key pad shows up Everytime for me to enter my pass code. It's never done that before in the past.

These are the first issues I have ever had and have had my phone for 1 year. Still runs super smooth and fast just as the day I got it. Still love it regardless!! Lol

Is there anyway to correct these issues? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
    03-06-2019 07:18 PM
    I'm not seeing those issues on mine. Have you tried wiping the cache partition?
    03-06-2019 07:43 PM
    How do we wipe the cache for something like this?
    03-06-2019 07:45 PM
    03-06-2019 08:07 PM
    Thanks I'll give that a try. Quick question, will that wipe my phone clean also?
    03-06-2019 08:18 PM
    @Luke18 Nope, this just wipes a temporary cache that can sometimes cause problems based on what's stored in it. Here's an old post on the subject - https://forums.androidcentral.com/dr...rtition-2.html
    Luke18 likes this.
    03-06-2019 08:48 PM
    @Luke18 Nope, this just wipes a temporary cache that can sometimes cause problems based on what's stored in it. Here's an old post on the subject - https://forums.androidcentral.com/dr...rtition-2.html
    Thanks
    03-06-2019 09:21 PM
    Ok, got into the system and I don't have an option for anything for cleaning the cache. The only one that's close is erase data/factory reset. And I don't want a factory reset. Does it matter that the article is for Oreo 8.0 and I'm on Pie 9.0??
    03-06-2019 09:50 PM
    Mine had the wallpaper issue today but I've haven't done the update yet. Had to reboot.
    03-06-2019 10:03 PM
    Ok, got into the system and I don't have an option for anything for cleaning the cache. The only one that's close is erase data/factory reset. And I don't want a factory reset. Does it matter that the article is for Oreo 8.0 and I'm on Pie 9.0??
    As of Pie 9.0 you no longer have the option to wipe the cache partition..... for whatever reason Google opted to remove it. I really miss it as well, it was a very good option for fixing problems like yours. Rebooting the phone is supposed to do something similar now, and you can still go into the individual apps connected to your problems and clear their cache, which has a similar effect to wiping the cache partition.... it's just more work
    03-07-2019 08:39 AM
    As of Pie 9.0 you no longer have the option to wipe the cache partition..... for whatever reason Google opted to remove it. I really miss it as well, it was a very good option for fixing problems like yours. Rebooting the phone is supposed to do something similar now, and you can still go into the individual apps connected to your problems and clear their cache, which has a similar effect to wiping the cache partition.... it's just more work
    Thanks for the info. That's what I was thought after doing everything last night. As far as rebooting, is that located in the same spot as the cache partition or how do you perform that task?
    03-07-2019 09:18 AM
    or how do you perform that task
    Hold the power button until you get the menu on the right side of the screen, select restart or shut down. If you selected shutdown, hold the power button to boot the phone back up.
    03-07-2019 09:53 AM
    I have the same problem, but I noticed it more after a calendar notification came up then when I cleared it and it was supposed to go back to the homepage but Id get the blank page.

Are you using a different calendar other than the google one? I figured it was related to the other calendar app i was using because i had the problem before the March update. I was using digical for my calendar.
    03-07-2019 10:19 AM
    STOP!!! Just stop with this mis-information!
    There has NEVER been a cache partition to clear on the Pixel 2 line. This phone series shipped with the A/B partition scheme for seamless OS updates - that did away with the system cache partition.
    The only cache that can be cleared is the individual application cache; that is completely different.
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    03-07-2019 11:03 AM