Android Q public beta has launched

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
OK. I went to the office. My daughter is up and drawing on the PC. So I booted her off for 10 minutes and ran ADB. (Sorted out my Gsam extra stats while I was out there as well). And now I have dark theme. Screenshot_20190314-010031.jpeg

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Google assistant wasn't activating with a squeeze or by holding home button. So I installed the assistant app and then it worked. But I got a message saying that the background action launching assistant with the home button would be disabled in future Q builds. Weird huh?

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
(oddity #1 : Tapping on Tips & support in Settings crashes the Settings app for me.)
Looks like there's a specific Feedback app added to the app drawer, so I guess the Tips & Support failure is intentional until the full version of Q? Seems odd Google didn't just cut that cell from the Settings page for the time being.

Screenshot_20190313-222001.jpg

min_dynasty

Dec 20, 2017
Visit site
My P2XL is not getting any notifications on lock screen, even with "Show all notification content" checked off within the lock screen settings. Is anyone else having this issue?

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
My P2XL is not getting any notifications on lock screen, even with "Show all notification content" checked off within the lock screen settings. Is anyone else having this issue?
Yep. Now that you mention it, I haven't seen a notification pop up on the lockscreen all day even though they are appearing in the notification shade.

DAMN IT! 45 seconds after I submitted the comment above, a Gmail notification buzzed in and popped up on my lockscreen! Evil beta build!

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site

min_dynasty

Dec 20, 2017
Visit site
Nope. I haven't touched those settings since the Pie DP2. FWIW, I did just read this post on reddit about "show silently" keeping notifications off of the lockscreen in Q:

https://www.reddit.com/r/android_beta/comments/b12a9p/app_notifications_that_show_silently_will_not/

(I actually thought that was already the case, but I think I only have persistent "silent" notifications, so ...).

thanks for the link. That's precisely my problem. With Pie, I set everything to silent, but I would still get notifications on my lock screen. This is not the case anymore...I'm sure Google will fix this at some point, hopefully with beta 2. Fingers crossed.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Files works for me. It just says downloads is empty, but if you click on the tabs it will list documents of a particular type in that folder.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Tapping on Tips & Support in Settings crashes for me as well, and sends me back to the Main Home screen.

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
I'm delighted to report that call screening is working like a charm on my 2XL. God, it's always so satisfying when they hang up during the opening spiel!